Staff Software Engineer, Orchestration Platform (Canada)
Doctor On Demand
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
About the role:
Included Health is building a next generation healthcare technology and is looking for an experienced backend engineer to join the Orchestration Platform team. This team will build orchestration capabilities that our application teams can leverage to create the right experience for members to drive meaningful outcomes. Healthcare interactions can involve long running processes and span multiple people, processes and touchpoints. It can require a member to complete several services, both internal and external, to achieve an outcome. The orchestration platform not only provides the rails for completing these individual services but also sequences them to minimize human interaction, streamline and automate workflows for our members.
The building blocks and core services this team builds will allow for rapid development of workflows across the company and allow for consistent, scalable and reliable execution and tracking. The ideal candidate for this role is a strong cross-functional technical leader who can build software that meets the highest standards in quality, scalability and reliability. Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure, you will be working across all Engineering teams including Front End, Mobile and Backend, and collaborating with your Engineering Manager to define and execute a multi-year vision. You will be expected to break down and execute large, cross-functional projects. This is a great opportunity to have a broad-sized impact across the Company fostering collaboration between Product and Infrastructure Orgs and unlocking the next wave of growth for the company.
About the team:
We are a fast, hard-working group with diverse backgrounds and deeply committed to our mission and our members. We believe shipping 80% of the value faster and learning is the best way to maximize impact. We also recognize that we won’t get technology, tooling or processes right on our first try and seek ways to continuously improve ourselves. We believe success comes from optimizing for the whole and welcome everyone’s ideas to the table. We focus on intentional growth so we can expand our skills and apply them to accomplish new goals. We are dedicated to helping each other be our best.
What you will do:
- Lead ambitious technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
- Create and maintain best-in-class backend systems that enable all our product teams and provide consistent, reliable experiences for our members.
- Partner with Engineering and Product Leadership to design core, foundational services that have broad impact across the Engineering organization.
- Identify, define, and implement impactful work that enables our Product teams.
- A proven, hands-on software engineer who has experience building backend service platforms that abstracts complexity away from and simplifies the lives of product engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to refactor, re-architect and unify core backend services to a high level of scalability, availability and reliability.
- You tend to become a subject matter expert in any code you dive into, and demonstrate strong product ownership in your team’s work.
- Desire to grow in your role and take on challenging initiatives with broad-sized impact across the Company. Collaborate with tight-knit teams - teach us what you know and learn from us.
- You optimize for impact over progress and have a bias towards action.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM-related degree.
- Temporal Experience
- Golang experience
- GraphQL integrations
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.