Senior Director, Behavioral Health
Doctor On Demand
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included.
In partnership with Senior Leadership, the Senior Director, Behavioral Health sets a 2-3 year strategic vision for Included Health’s Therapy and Psychiatry service lines. This individual will coach and mentor their leaders and clinical teams to execute against the strategic vision and deliver outcomes and greater health for our members. In addition to driving service line performance, this leader will partner with other clinical service lines within Included Health’s ecosystem, sponsoring and supporting clinical integration and innovation across Behavioral Health, Care Management, Primary Care, and Specialty offerings.
As the senior Behavioral Health leader, the role will also represent Included Health in external meetings, conferences, and with potential partners, representing and expounding upon Included Health’s vision of behavioral health and integrated care delivery.
This position will report to the SVP, Clinical Services, at Included Health.
What you’ll Do:
- This individual is ultimately accountable for sponsoring Psychiatry (medication management) and Therapy practices that:
- Deliver safe, high quality, efficient clinical services that improve health outcomes for engaged individuals
- Deliver a clinical experience that drives appropriate patient retention and cross-utilization, and
- Attract and retain a diverse, top pool of clinicians and talent that align with company vision and goals
- Dedicate approximately 8 hours per month to clinical care to patients on the platform; in the course of clinical duties, the individual will display exemplary levels of professionalism and clinical quality in all dealings with patients, and will maintain and complete charting and documentation in a timely manner.
- Creatively use data to inform decisions, where available, but also uses content knowledge, stakeholder input, and experience to guide decisions in its absence.
- Serve as the voice of the service line in internal meetings and key external conversations, translating day-to-day work into themes, priorities, and narrative.
- Partner with multidisciplinary stakeholders on key program strategy and design features to ensure the service line is optimized for clinical outcomes, member experience, scale, and provider experience. Serves as a champion of Therapy and Psychiatry services, but actively seeks opportunities to reduce seams between teams and services and find common themes.
- Partner with the Clinical Quality Team to ensure that quality assurance efforts and operational processes support the delivery of safe, high-quality clinical care on their service lines.
- Serve as a voice for clinical quality and patient safety in broader Included Health interactions.
- Represent products and services in external meetings with prospects and clients, engaging in tactical and strategic discussions around program improvement and innovation.
- Other duties, as assigned
- 2+ years experience leading a diverse clinical behavioral health practice, inclusive of medication management and therapy components. Experience working in conjunction with care management and/or primary care is welcomed.
- Demonstrated experience successfully driving programmatic and clinical operational change through direct leadership and influence across clinical and non-clinical stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate in a variety of formats and styles.
- Natural ability to create effective relationships, influence, and collaborate.
- Able to operate comfortably and effectively in ambiguity.
- Passionate about improving the quality and experience of clinical care delivered in the US healthcare system
- Adhere to legal and ethical requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Prepared to stay up-to-date with continuing education, including knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial interventions and psychiatric medications.
- If Psychiatrist, completion of ACGME-accredited psychiatry residency program and Board Certification
- If Psychologist, Doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) from an APA accredited Psychology Program, and 2+ years of unsupervised / post licensure experience post-doctorate
- Active and unrestricted state medical license in home state; multi-state licenses preferred
- Not under current exclusion or sanction by any state or federal health care program, including Medicare or Medicaid, and is not identified as an “excluded person” by the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services or the General Service Administration (GSA), or reprimanded or sanctioned by Medicare
- Must not be opted out of Medicare
- Completion of U.S. Medical Licensing Examination
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- This job operates in a professional, private and secure, HIPAA-compliant home office
- Must be able to use manual dexterity while using office equipment such as computers, laptops, keyboard, and mouse
- This position requires frequent communication with patients and physicians must be able to exchange accurate information during these patient encounters.
- Specific identifying abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Overnight Business travel required
The United States new hire base salary target range for this full-time position is:
$174,970 - $279,950 (yearly salary), in addition to equity + benefits + bonus
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share your geographic zone alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to earning a base salary, this role is eligible for a performance-based bonus. Details of the Annual Bonus Plan, including performance metrics, target incentives, and potential earnings, will be discussed during the interview process.
Benefits & Perks
In addition to receiving a competitive base salary, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through Fidelity
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit
Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range and benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.