Doctor On Demand
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
We are looking for a Revenue Director to join our fast growing Finance organization. As a Revenue Director you will build and lead the day to day operations of our revenue accounting function, leveraging your technical expertise with US GAAP, and specifically ASC 606. You will quickly identify and communicate revenue accounting implications to relevant internal and external parties and will collaborate with team members cross-functionally to develop operational processes that help us scale and mitigate risk.
- Lead review of customer contracts to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies in accordance with ASC 606 and preparation of GAAP footnote disclosures
- Ability to evaluate various revenue streams, apply relative guidance and build revenue team that supports various revenue streams effectively
- Partner with FP&A, Sales, Solutions, Legal and Customer Success to provide technical revenue guidance for complex arrangements or issues that impact forecastBuild strong relationships with key stakeholders to collaborate on non-routine transactions, new product offerings and process improvements.
- Develop best practice policies and procedures and drive Quote to Cash process improvement and efficiency
- Enhance existing operational processes to provide good service to our business partners while ensuring efficiency and accuracy and our results.
- Work closely with Analytics, Actuary, and Data Product teams to ensure data for complex contract arrangements support revenue conclusions
- Prepare technical revenue memos and maintain relationship with external auditors, provide pragmatic solutions and alternatives to challenging audit requests and inquiries
- Support month-end and year-end accounting close for areas of functional responsibility including preparing or reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Preparation of revenue reports to CFO, CAO, Controller and FP&A teams and analyzing revenue trends/investigating variances from forecast
- Build a best in class revenue team and drive career development for the revenue accounting team, providing the leadership and structure for the team to excel as the company growsIdentify risk areas in a high growth environment and implement mitigation strategies, including but not limited to team structure, workflow, cross-functional collaboration and system and process changes
- Partner with Internal Audit to maintain a strong controls environment.
- Experience with Salesforce/Workday/Looker/Microsoft Suite/GSuite or other large ERP and revenue management software
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP and specifically ASC 606 and relevant current accounting rules relating to software, SaaS, and services revenue recognition
- Strong analytical skills and experience working cross functionally with Finance, Legal and Sales to identify accounting issues proactively and research applicable US GAAP implications as necessary
- Exhibit leadership capabilities and demonstrated ability to effectively work with all levels and cross-functionally within the company
- Ability to present complex revenue conclusions to executive leadership in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including active listening and the ability to articulate complex issues to a variety of audiences
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize competing projects and adhere to deadlines
- High emotional intelligence, ability to build and sustain relationships at multiple levels within and outside of finance
- Proven record of mentoring and developing talent
- 10+ years of progressive experience within revenue accounting and operations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required
- Big 4 experience and CPA strongly preferred
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.