Staff Physician - Urgent Care (Independent Contractor)
Doctor On Demand
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Urgent Care physicians perform health assessments, run diagnostic tests, prescribe medication, create treatment plans and provide health and wellness advice to patient with the goal of restoring a patient’s optimum health. Best-in-class EMR platform: User-friendly, web-based EMR platform highly rated by our clinician staff. Start a conversation with us and learn how you can positively impact the lives of patients and play a role in improving healthcare. The position reports to an Associate Medical Director.
- Assess patients via a video-based encounter.
- Perform virtual comprehensive physical examination, compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Order and interpret laboratory tests and results.
- Develop and implement patient treatment plans.
- Collect, record and maintain sensitive patient information such as examination results, medical history and reports.
- Explain procedures or prescribed treatments to patients.
- Effectively use computers and electronic health record systems to record pertinent patient health history information.
- Must maintain productivity levels within practice expectations (at minimum 2.5 to 3.5 patients/hour, this varies depending on the practice average and time of year)-- to meet this requirement physicians must be able to maintain efficiency during shifts (this includes keeping missed and declined calls at or below the practice expectations).
- Ability to complete documentation within practice policy (72-hours from the time of the visit)-- to meet this requirement physicians are expected to have computer literacy and be able to complete basic skills such as typing and navigating an electronic health record.
- Must maintain average patient satisfaction ratings within practice expectations-- to meet this requirement physicians are expected to deliver patient care with exemplary bedside manner and a focus on high quality, evidence-based medicine.
- Ability to arrive on time to shifts, complete shifts as scheduled and maintain excellent attendance.
- Comfortable with both Acute and Chronic Care conditions
- Able to treat all ages (both adult and pediatric patients)
- Ability to function within an integrated medical practice
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding clinical expertise
- Comfortable with technology
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a 3-year Family Medicine residency or equivalent program
- 3+ years post residency experience in a fast paced Urgent Care or Primary Care outpatient setting
- Active ABMS or AOA Board Certification (in Family Medicine or IM/Peds highly preferred)
- Completion of U.S. Medical Licensing Examination
- Active and unrestricted state medical license in at least one state (TX and compact license preferred)
- Not under current exclusion or sanction by any state or federal health care program, including Medicare or Medicaid, and is not identified as an “excluded person” by the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services or the General Service Administration (GSA), or reprimanded or sanctioned by Medicare
- Must maintain Medicare active status
- Weekend shifts between the hours of 7a-11p
- 8-10 hours per week of shift commitment
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.