Software Engineer II, Product Platform (Canada)
Doctor On Demand
Software Engineering, Product
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Included Health is building a next generation healthcare technology and is looking for an experienced backend engineer to join the Product Platform team. The Product Platform team builds the product foundations and core services that allow for rapid development of products across engineering with a consistent user experience, and scalable and reliable architecture. The focus here is to solve those customer problems that require product thinking, combined with the backend skills to build out the necessary heavy-duty infrastructure.
You are passionate about applying your software engineering fundamentals to build software that meets the highest standards in quality, scalability and reliability. You will be working across all Engineering teams including Front End, Mobile and Backend, and collaborating with your tech-lead and Engineering Manager to execute on a multi-year vision. This is a great opportunity to have a broad-sized impact across the Company, collaborate cross-functionally and unlock our Product-facing engineering teams to focus on powering member experiences.
We are a fast, hard-working group with diverse backgrounds and deeply committed to our mission and our members. We believe shipping 80% of the value faster and learning is the best way to maximize impact. We also recognize that we won’t get technology, tooling or processes right on our first try and seek ways to continuously improve ourselves. We believe success comes from optimizing for the whole and welcome everyone’s ideas to the table. We focus on intentional growth so we can expand our skills and apply them to accomplish new goals. We are dedicated to helping each other be our best.
**Must be authorized to work in Canada**
- Work on ambitious technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company demonstrating strong ownership and accountability.
- Create and maintain best-in-class backend systems that enable all our product teams and provide consistent, reliable experiences for our members.
- Partner with Engineering and Product Leadership to design core, foundational services that have multiplicative impact across Product-facing engineering teams.
- Identify, define, and implement impactful work that enables our Product teams.
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals and are able to apply them when faced with an ambiguous problem space.
- You care about software and are proud of what you deliver.
- You tend to become a subject matter expert in any code you dive into, and demonstrate strong product ownership in your team’s work.
- Desire to grow in your role and take on increasing challenging initiatives with broad-sized impact across the Company.
- Collaborate with tight-knit teams - teach us what you know and learn from us.
- You optimize for impact over progress and have a bias towards action.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM-related degree.
- GraphQL integrations
- Backend Golang & Python experience
- Working in Product-facing teams or directly with Product engineers building foundational services to scale.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors/SDKs
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.