Software Engineer II, Cloud Platform
Doctor On Demand
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2023
Included Health is building a next generation healthcare technology and is looking for an experienced platform engineer to join the Cloud Platform team. The Cloud Platform team sits at the bottom of the stack, right above AWS, which enables us to build cross-cutting features across infrastructure, observability and security.
We are a fast, hard-working group with diverse backgrounds and deeply committed to our mission and our members. We believe shipping 80% of the value faster and learning is the best way to maximize impact. We also recognize that we won’t get technology, tooling or processes right on our first try and seek ways to continuously improve ourselves. We believe success comes from optimizing for the whole and welcome everyone’s ideas to the table. We focus on intentional growth so we can expand our skills and apply them to accomplish new goals. We are dedicated to helping each other be our best.
- Plan and lead ambitious technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
- Create and maintain best-in-class infrastructure that powers our Cloud Platform.
- Participate in spec reviews and offer solutions specific to your platform.
- Drive product strategy for the cloud platform while partnering with other engineering teams, data science, product and others to create solutions that address engineering effectiveness needs.
- Build cross-cutting features in the dataplane by using and extending state of the art service mesh technologies.
- Design systems that will span multiple AWS regions to enable high availability of the platform.
- Scale organization wide practices around our Agile and Devops methodologies.
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals and are able to apply them when faced with an ambiguous problem space.
- You care about software and are proud of what you deliver.
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done (GSD).
- You get a rush when you improve the productivity of and remove barriers from fellow engineers.
- You have the ability to interface with multidisciplinary teams across the organization.
- Sense of urgency; desire to move quickly and ship things.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM-related degree.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Istio and Docker
- Observability stacks on Grafana, Mimir, Open Telemetry
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and its alphabet soup of technologies including EKS, RDS, ALB/ELB, IAM.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.