Senior Backend Engineer, Care Delivery
Doctor On Demand
Posted on Saturday, January 7, 2023
About the role:
Our Care Delivery Engineering team collaborates closely with Product Management and Design to scale and strengthen the healthcare experiences for our members and clinicians. Our powerful healthcare app includes personalized Provider matching, 24/7 Telemedicine+, Expert opinions on diagnoses and treatment plans, and medical claims advocacy. Our Care Delivery organization’s mission is to deliver healthy outcomes for our members. We are focused on helping members engage with our medical and behavioral health practice through Telemedicine as well as continue to advocate, advise and inform them along their healthcare journey.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our growing Care Delivery Engineering team to help lead development of our products in a fast, accessible, and intuitive way. You will closely partner with our Product and Design teams on application design, user experience, developer workflows, deployment strategies, and testing of the applications.
- You are excited about being on a growing high performance team.
- You have successfully led a team of developers. You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done.
- You are an exceptional problem solver utilizing first-principles thinking.
- You enjoy a solid technical debate with smart, thoughtful peers.
- You tend to become a subject matter expert in any code you dive into, and demonstrate strong product ownership in your team’s work.
- You have significant professional experience in building and maintaining consumer grade web applications, suggested 6+ years experience.
- You have a solid understanding of full-stack web development, including modern frontend frameworks, APIs, and backend services.
- You have strong programming skills, CS fundamentals, and a track record of implementing highly reliable software. A formal CS degree is not required.
- You consider yourself a high growth individual, continuously looking to recognize growth areas and improve in both technical and non-technical skills.
- You are eager to learn from feedback, and in turn give your peers feedback that helps the team grow together.
What you will do:
- Partner with product managers to lead the technical planning of ambitious member experience improvements.
- Contribute across the full stack of web technology, frontend, API, backend.
- Design systems that span multiple services to enable consistent, fast, clean data flow.
- Own the development of certain Care Delivery features around telemedicine: virtual behavior health and virtual primary care experiences.
- Swiftly address any issues and invest in resolutions that improve the product’s reliability going forward.
- Identify areas of technical debt and influence roadmap plans with smart solutions.
- Participate in and influence technical decisions of the wider Applications Engineering org.
- Promote software engineering best practices across teams.
Technologies we use now or may use in the future:
- Familiarity with these technologies is a bonus, but we care more about your ability to choose the right tool for the job and quickly ramp up on technologies that are new to you. We encourage you to apply if you feel you meet most but not all of the above requirements.
- Included Health is dedicated to raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. Our company is focused on delivering high quality care and services to members from all walks of life. Diverse teams are strong teams, and we encourage those with varied identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.