Data Science Intern - EMEA (Summer 2024)
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Over the years at Dropbox, Emerging Talent has created a variety of internships, apprenticeships, and early-in-career full time opportunities to build pathways for exceptional early career professionals to succeed at Dropbox. Supported by a community of mentors, program graduates, and fellow participants, our Emerging Talent programs are the perfect place to start your career in tech.
Join us for a dynamic internship opportunity as a Data Science Intern in the Global Solutions and Success (GSS) department! In this role, you'll be a key player in shaping the future of our mid-market and enterprise sales support teams. Your contributions will be integral to driving success within the Global Sales and Channel organization. Get ready to dive into real-world projects that make a meaningful impact on our business and develop your skills in a supportive environment. If you like the sound of a collaborative, customer oriented team, who are ‘worthy of trust’ while being strong advocates for our customers, we’d love to hear from you!
We'll collaborate with you to align with your school's schedule, ensuring a 12-week internship duration.
- Data Exploration and Analysis: Dive into large datasets to extract meaningful insights, providing valuable inputs for decision-making processes.
- Reporting and Visualization: Create compelling reports and visualizations that effectively communicate complex data findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborative Problem-Solving: Work closely with Sales Engineers, Customer Success Managers, and Value Managers to address business challenges through data-driven solutions.
- Process Optimization: Identify opportunities to enhance operational efficiency within the GSS department through data-driven process improvements.
- Learning and Development: Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies in data science and business intelligence, applying this knowledge to your work.
- Education: Currently pursuing a degree in Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, or a related field graduating in 2026
- Data Manipulation: Hands-on experience in coursework, previous internships, personal projects, etc with data manipulation tools and languages (e.g., Python, SQL).
- Analytical Skills: Proficiency in analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Communication Skills: Strong ability to communicate complex findings cross functionally to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborative Mindset: Team-oriented with a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail in data analysis and reporting.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment and quickly learn new technologies and tools. Love a challenge and take satisfaction in getting the job done!
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families.
Our benefits and perks programs include:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s productivity, learning & development, wellness, co-working space
Additional benefits details are available upon request.