Product Support Representative
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
At Dropbox, we aim to put the customer at the center of everything we do. With over 700 million registered users, the Customer Experience (CX) team is at the forefront of simplifying how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on solutions that work for our customers as well as implementing technologies that will simplify our customers’ journey. We bring the customer voice across the organization to ensure Dropbox delivers the best possible customer experience.
In this role, you will provide exceptional support for the Dropbox ecosystem including products such as Capture, Backup, DocSend, Dropbox Sign, and many more! We use tools such as Slack, Jira, Zendesk, and Zoom to communicate with our users, work as a team, and partner across the organization to provide real product feedback from our users. Depending on the needs of our customers, you may be required to work some weekends and holidays.
- Deliver technical support for Dropbox products based issues via phone, email and chat
- Achieve expert working knowledge of our products, meet set KPI targets, and complete tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Provide customized recommendations and solutions to customers on complex issues in user-friendly ways; enabling frictionless engagement with the product and maintaining high customer satisfaction scores
- Communicate customer reported issues internally and triage them to the correct team
- Document recurring issues to support product quality programs, product development, and to maintain agent resources
- 0-2+ years of work experience in a technical support and customer facing role
- You have knowledge of, or experience with, troubleshooting desktop operating systems: Microsoft Windows, macOS
- You demonstrate strong communication skills and are able to convey complex technical information in user-friendly ways through effective listening and questioning
- You love asking open ended questions to really get to the root of the matter and regularly exercise analytical and critical thinking skills
- You’re a team player possessing the willingness to seek feedback, adapt practices and continuously learn and evolve
- You excel at working in an ambiguous and changing environment as the business grows and evolves
- You have good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data
- You show real passion for our products and for creating extraordinary customer experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience on a high-volume support team
- Direct experience using Zendesk to reply to customer inquiries
- Basic understanding of programming languages
Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. We target most new hire offers between the minimum up to the middle of the range.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Current Salary/OTE Ranges (Subject to change):
• US Zone 1: $65,500 - $77,000 - $88,600.
• US Zone 2: $58,900 - $69,300 - $79,700.
• US Zone 3: $52,400 - $61,600 - $70,800.
Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use. Current US Zone locations are as follows:
• US Zone 1: San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro
• US Zone 2: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro), Washington DC metro and West Virginia (DC metro)
• US Zone 3: All other US locations
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
Mental Health and Wellness benefits Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.