Chief of Staff
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
We’re looking for a Chief of Staff for the Head of Commercial Strategy & Operations (CSO) at Dropbox. As a project manager and strategic adviser, you will play a critical role in helping create operational excellence and support transformative initiatives to enable Dropbox’s Commercial businesses scale and growth. This role will be a part of the Global Commercial Strategy & Operations organization (Revenue Operations, Go-to-Market Programs, Revenue Intelligence, Strategy and Enablement) which supports all B2B Commercial Sales and Customer Success for Dropbox.
You are a self-starter and consultative problem solver with strong project management skills with experience leading change management to support a rapidly evolving organization. You do not shy away from rolling up your sleeves and approach each new operational process improvement with a “start-up” mindset through quick iterations and measuring what matters. You have seen what good looks like and can help create a roadmap to operational excellence, with clear work-back plans and measurable milestones to bring others along the journey.
You’re comfortable interacting cross-functionally organization at all levels, from operational functions to customer-facing leaders, and understand how to navigate the broader company. You’re a team player, and are known for your ability to build and create value for cross-functional relationships.
While you thrive in ambiguity, you’re highly organized, detail-oriented and are passionate about designing and implementing processes to keep everyone on track and grow and transform Dropbox’s go-to-market businesses.
- Manage and streamline operating cadence for CSO, including centralize tracking of all project plans, milestone and dependencies
- Maintain CSO organization OKR framework and interconnectedness with other Dropbox organization’s OKR for alignment to goals
- Streamline key processes (budgeting, GTM tech stack, investment requests, etc) and work with CSO leaders for constancy in execution of company deliverables, such as annual planning cycles, contributions for monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Support long-range goal planning for CSO organization, translating multi-quarter aspirational outcomes to near term milestones and priorities within a simplified narrative format
- Build effective cross-functional relationships across Dropbox with colleagues in ITS, Finance, HR, Sales, Channel, Customer Success, Marketing, and others including but not limited to the broader Chief of Staff community
- Support CSO weekly leadership meeting agendas, planning team off-sites, Quarterly Town Halls, and creative ways to foster our DBX culture within the team
- Act on behalf of Head of CSO where needed within cross-functional meetings and initiatives for feedback and input
- Provide honest and thoughtful feedback to Head of CSO as an advisor/thought-partner, both positive and constructive feedback
- 5+ years experience - background in GTM operations, project management, change management, consulting, strongly preferred
- Previous experience in SaaS environment strongly preferred
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to draw insights from unorganized information and help drive process improvements accordingly
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal - ability to clearly articulate business issues and recommend / synthesize solutions
- Self-starter, motivated by achieving measuring and goals within the team setting. Strong desire to make the entire team successful
- Bachelors Degree in Business (or related field)
- Knowledge of Google Sheets/Excel, Airtable, Jira, Salesforce CRM, Tableau
Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. We target most new hire offers between the minimum up to the middle of the range.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Current Salary/OTE Ranges (Subject to change):
• US Zone 1: $176,000 - $207,000 - $238,100.
• US Zone 2: $158,400 - $186,300 - $214,200.
• US Zone 3: $140,800 - $165,600 - $190,400.
Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use. Current US Zone locations are as follows:
• US Zone 1: San Francisco metro, New York City metro, or Seattle metro
• US Zone 2: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, California (outside SF metro), Colorado, Connecticut (outside NYC metro), Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York (outside NYC metro), Oregon, Pennsylvania (outside NYC or DC metro), Washington (outside Seattle metro) and Washington DC metro
• US Zone 3: All other US locations
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
Mental Health and Wellness benefits Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.