Brand Design Intern (Summer 2024)
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Over the years at Dropbox, Emerging Talent has created a variety of internships, apprenticeships, and early-in-career full time opportunities to build pathways for exceptional early career professionals to succeed at Dropbox. Supported by a community of mentors, program graduates, and fellow participants, our Emerging Talent programs are the perfect place to start your career in tech.
The Brand Studio is responsible for defining and evolving the visual and verbal language that surrounds our product — a way to connect emotionally, become irreplaceable, inspire users, and create relationships. Dropbox has a unique brand, and it's one of the many reasons people love us. That voice and brand identity depend on a million tiny decisions made by thoughtful people all across the company.
We are seeking a designer who's eager to learn and has a solid foundation in visual skills to help the Brand Studio team adopt and maintain the integrity and consistency of the Dropbox brand across their digital surfaces. This role will a part of our web and interactive team within Brand Studio, learning the fundamentals of our web experience, foundational design system and interactive best practices. As a member, you are inquisitive, collaborative and bring enthusiasm to the team.
- Embed directly in Brand Studio’s team, working on a project in close collaboration with other designers, illustrators, and marketing partners.
- Familiarize yourself with our visual identity guidelines and its various applications across our campaigns, web and product work.
- Partner with Brand Studio designers to learn how to think through visual communication problems, iterate through reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, review with peers, and prepare the deliverables for launch.
- Produce work that encompasses the distinctive look and feel of the Dropbox brand.
- Participate in team/company initiatives, design critiques, and collaboration sessions
- Speak and present compellingly about design to stakeholders
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Design (graduating in/after Dec 2024)
- Have at least one project that demonstrates your brand and visual design capabilities.
- Strong grasp on fundamental design concepts such as typography, color theory, composition, balance, symmetry, and white space.
- Understanding of what makes a compelling visual across different media. (print vs web)
- Whatever your tools of choice, you wield them with deft and speed.
- A portfolio of work submitted with your application.
- Web design or interactive experience a plus
- Motion and prototyping experience a plus
The expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) rate for the role is $9,000, subject to change.
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families.
Our benefits and perks programs include:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s productivity, learning & development, wellness, co-working space
Additional benefits details are available upon request.