Associate Director, Tax Controversy and Risk Management
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
- E2E global tax controversy strategies: Lead E2E global tax controversy strategies including interfacing with tax authorities.
- Compliance and Documentation: Ensure all necessary documentation is prepared and maintained for tax disputes. Monitor compliance with tax laws and regulations to minimize future disputes.
- Research and Analysis: Conduct thorough research on tax laws, regulations, and court rulings to develop effective arguments in favor of the company's tax position.
- Communication: Collaborate with internal finance and legal teams. Maintain open and clear communication with tax authorities and internal and external advisors.
- Risk Assessment: Assess the potential financial and reputational risks associated with tax disputes and develop strategies to mitigate risks.
- Documentation and Reporting: Prepare detailed reports and summaries of tax controversies, including their status, progress, and potential outcomes. Present findings to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Compliance Training: Provide training and guidance to internal teams on tax compliance and tax controversy best practices.
- 12+ years of tax, transfer pricing, and global tax controversy experience with progressively increasing responsibilities and accountability
- Big Four Public Accounting and/or Law Firm experience combined with in-house company tax experience ideally at a technology company
- Demonstrated experience working on and implementing tax controversy and global transfer pricing policies, best practices, tools, strategies at scale
- Technical expertise and understanding of US, OECD, and global transfer pricing/tax laws
- Analytical experience with research, economic modeling, valuation, and quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills and strong Excel skills
- Exceptional prioritization, project management, and organizational skills including an ability to synthesize complex tax matters into simple, concise communications
- BA in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business, or equivalent
- Advanced degree (MBA, JD, MST, Ph.D.) preferred
- Professional certifications (CPA or similar certification) preferred
- Ability to thrive in a Virtual First environment as well as with in-person collaboration
- We are building a compassionate culture where you can do your best work—no matter who you are or where you’re from - we are looking for tax folks with an interest in working with a diverse group of tax and finance folks who are all about making work human
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage*
- Retirement Savings through a defined contribution pension or savings plan**
- Dropbox provides a Flexible PTO Policy in addition to your statutory holidays allowing you to unplug, unwind, and refresh
- Dropbox also provides exclusive additional paid time off for all FTE employees across the Globe, in addition to any relevant statutory holidays
- Protection Plans including Life and Disability Insurance*
- A Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Fertility Benefits, Adoptions and Surrogacy support, and Lactation support
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
*Where group plans are not available, allowances are provided
**Benefit, amount, and type are dependent on geographical location, based upon applicable law or company policy