Director of Product, New ML Initiatives
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
As the Director of Product Management for Context Engineering you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of this team, setting direction and driving major strategic and product initiatives. You will have significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the company, as well as direct responsibility for new products and those already loved by hundreds of millions of users. You will do this together with an amazing team of talented, passionate product managers and leaders from across functions.
- Develop and deliver on Dropbox’s strategy around Dropbox context engineering, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment and progress
- Lead the cross-functional teams in your area – in close partnership with engineering and design – to create and ship delightful product experiences that help people work better together
- Collaborate closely with the other Product teams driving similar new-product initiatives
- Make data-informed decisions. Know how you’re measuring success before starting any project. Obsess over your KPIs. Know when to commit more or less resources.
- Communicate clearly and crisply with leadership stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams in scrappy ways.
- You will also be responsible for building a product roadmap that scales with customer needs and the progression of the business
- Define new product goals working closely with engineers, designers, senior leaders, and other PMs.
- 12+ years of experience delivering highly successful and innovative software products which are AI powered
- Deep understanding of natural language processing, machine learning, and automation technologies
- Experience developing developer tools, languages, or APIs a plus
- Experience with delivering a 0-1 product from concept stage to final delivery
- Demonstrated ability to influence company level strategy and work with business leaders to execute on the transformation
- Build alignment and listen well, but can also drive hard decisions, framing the different options and tradeoffs.
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to analyze and use quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions
- A deep understanding and empathy for consumer and business users — you love building products that make our customers feel joy, delight and trust
- You’re a strong communicator, with an ability to influence with cross-functional collaboration skills
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage*
- Retirement Savings through a defined contribution pension or savings plan**
- Dropbox provides a Flexible PTO Policy in addition to your statutory holidays allowing you to unplug, unwind, and refresh
- Dropbox also provides exclusive additional paid time off for all FTE employees across the Globe, in addition to any relevant statutory holidays
- Protection Plans including Life and Disability Insurance*
- A Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Fertility Benefits, Adoptions and Surrogacy support, and Lactation support
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
*Where group plans are not available, allowances are provided
**Benefit, amount, and type are dependent on geographical location, based upon applicable law or company policy