Senior Software Engineer, Customer Experience
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots.The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history.Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
At Dropbox, we aim to put the customer at the center of everything we do. With over 700 million registered users, the Customer Experience (CX) team is at the forefront of simplifying how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on solutions that work for our customers as well as implementing technologies that will simplify our customers’ journey. We bring the customer voice across the organization to ensure Dropbox delivers the best possible customer experience.
As part of our Customer Experience (CX) organization, the CX Technology team is responsible for maximizing business results through the innovative use of technology. You will be responsible for translating our service strategy into effective capabilities for both our customers and our agents handling customer inquiries and then advancing the technical capabilities to support those needs.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience building large-scale systems and integrating third-party applications. You will make it easier for our team to understand and solve user’s problems, shape how users interact with Dropbox through our support website, integrate support ticketing with other internal systems, be a champion of secure and scalable internal development practices, and build tools that help users diagnose and solve issues on their own.
- You will articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
- You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You will partner with product managers, designers and analysts to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- You will develop and execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- You will improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Dropbox
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of software engineering and/or work related industry experience
- Previous success developing and shipping a large-scale web application with a user-empathetic mindset
- Skilled at building user-facing software and supporting systems and libraries for the web
- You can handle projects end-to-end and are able to build a minimum working product quickly
- Experience with data and ETL pipelines is a plus
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage*
- Retirement Savings through a defined contribution pension or savings plan**
- Dropbox provides a Flexible PTO Policy in addition to your statutory holidays allowing you to unplug, unwind, and refresh
- Dropbox also provides exclusive additional paid time off for all FTE employees across the Globe, in addition to any relevant statutory holidays
- Protection Plans including Life and Disability Insurance*
- A Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Fertility Benefits, Adoptions and Surrogacy support, and Lactation support
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
*Where group plans are not available, allowances are provided
**Benefit, amount, and type are dependent on geographical location, based upon applicable law or company policy