Senior Partner Manager, Distribution Partnerships
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Partnerships team builds and manages a global partner ecosystem including device manufacturers, network providers, developers, and retailers. With a passion for action-oriented analytics, we work together to establish product, commercial, and strategic partnerships that help Dropbox and its partners grow.
The Dropbox Business Development team develops partnerships that generate material revenue and/or enable our company strategy. We work with a variety of partners, including strategic partners, hardware and software providers, and distribution partners.
Reporting to the Director of Distribution Business Development, as a Sr. Partner Manager on the Distribution Business Development team, you will play a critical role in unlocking the potential and enabling the success of our existing Go-to-Market partners to drive revenue growth for Dropbox. Core areas of impact include partner portfolio ownership, optimizing ongoing operations, maximizing revenue, and executing strategic initiatives. This position requires exceptional relationship management, critical thinking, creativity, problem-solving abilities, project management expertise, and the ability to execute independently and efficiently. You will also have to work closely with a variety of cross functional partners and senior leaders, both internal and external, to execute efficiently on partner initiatives. More details are in the responsibilities section below.
Collaboration across departments, including Product Management, Marketing, Legal, and Finance, will be vital. Your contributions will be pivotal in achieving our revenue objectives through:
- Account management and spearheading the execution of strategic partner initiatives.
- Maximizing Dropbox adoption and conversion by optimizing existing user journeys.
- Ensuring smooth execution of new partner launches to minimize delays.
- Collaborating with partners to address issues, improve processes, and explore innovative ways to enhance the partnership and drive new revenue streams.
- Account Management - Take a leadership role in implementing partnership strategies, executing launches, managing ongoing initiatives, and resolving open issues.
- Reporting - Lead the preparation and delivery of regular partner Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) and Executive Business Reviews (EBRs). Maintain executive-level contacts with key partners, mapping out executive relationships. Complete and provide analysis on regular monthly and quarterly partner reports.
- Business Optimization - Maximize adoption of Dropbox via go to market partners, by ruthlessly examining and improving user journeys, by suggesting improvements and by recognizing and implementing new opportunities.
- Cross-functional collaboration - Collaborate cross-functionally with Product and Engineering teams to define priorities, roadmaps, and execute strategies for go-to-market partnerships. This includes aligning products roadmaps and executing on go-to-market plans.
- Partner relations - Foster collaboration and build strong relationships internally and externally, working with stakeholders at all levels of management to position Dropbox favorably with partners. Stay informed about partner organization changes and identify new areas of potential collaboration.
- Experience: 3+ years in business development or partnership management.
- Knowledge or experience with cloud services or SaaS.
- Excels at establishing and nurturing partner relationships while maximizing performance.
- Strong problem solving abilities by being resourceful and proactive in addressing challenges. Approaches obstacles with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Adept at understanding and contributing to conversations with colleagues in technical functions around product specifications.
- Results oriented and fully focused on achieving measurable outcomes by setting clear objectives, monitoring progress, and taking necessary actions to ensure value delivery
- Ability to effectively align partnership initiatives with business goals and drive revenue growth
- Exceptional presentation, written/verbal communication, and interpersonal skills. Good listener.
- Motivated, self-directed, and confident individual contributor who can thrive in a dynamic environment. Ability to maintain composure in high pressure and ambiguous situations.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Structured and analytical thinker with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans.
- A continuous learner that stays on top of industry trends, market shifts, and emerging technologies.
- Undergraduate degree
For candidates hired in the following locations: Austin (TX) metro, Chicago metro, Colorado, Massachusetts, Maryland, Oregon, Washington D.C. metro, California (outside SF metro), the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $150,000 - $176,500 - $203,000.
For candidates hired in the following locations: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois (outside Chicago Metro), North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (outside Austin Metro), Virginia (outside D.C. Metro), the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is currently $133,400 - $156,900 - $180,400.
Range(s) is subject to change. Dropbox takes a number of factors into account when determining individual starting pay, including job and level they are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation. Dropbox uses the zip code of an employee’s remote work location to determine which metropolitan pay range we use.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
Mental Health and Wellness benefits Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.