Backend Product Software Engineer
Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace - the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
- You will design and build software capable of reaching millions of daily users
- You will partner with product managers, designers and analysts to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- You will develop and execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- You will improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- You will support your fellow engineers through feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of software engineering and/or work related industry experience
- Previous success developing and shipping a large-scale web application with a user-empathetic mindset
- Skilled at building user-facing software and supporting systems and libraries for the web and/or desktop
- You can handle full-stack projects and are able to build a minimum working product quickly
Our Engineering Career Framework is viewable by anyone outside the company and describes what’s expected for our engineers at each of our career levels. Check out our blog post on this topic and more here.
At Dropbox, we strive to be a great place for all Dropboxers to grow and be recognized for that growth. This job posting reflects broad requirements, and represents two potential levels of role. Through our assessment process, we will identify your level that ties to compensation based on your experience and technical expertise along with the scope of the role.
The expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) rate for the role is zł15,100 - zł17,800 - zł20,400 per month if you are assessed at the IC2 level. If you are instead assessed at the IC3 level, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is zł19,600 - zł23,000 - zł26,500 per month.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox applies increased tax deductible costs (50%) to remuneration earned by certain qualifying employees (to the extent an employee will be involved in the creation of the software as an "author") for the transfer of copyrights, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Income Tax Act.
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage*
- Retirement Savings through a defined contribution pension or savings plan**
- Dropbox provides a Flexible PTO Policy in addition to your statutory holidays allowing you to unplug, unwind, and refresh
- Dropbox also provides exclusive additional paid time off for all FTE employees across the Globe, in addition to any relevant statutory holidays
- Protection Plans including Life and Disability Insurance*
- A Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Fertility Benefits, Adoptions and Surrogacy support, and Lactation support
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
*Where group plans are not available, allowances are provided
**Benefit, amount, and type are dependent on geographical location, based upon applicable law or company policy