Scala Software Engineer
DigitalGenius is a venture backed technology company that develops software for enterprise customer service using advanced deep learning methodologies. We’re a small team of like-minded and supportive people with a goal to make customer service better through the use of artificial intelligence.
We are looking for experienced Scala engineers to help us build our product. You will be working on the backend services of the product and also the middle layer that sits between third party customer support tools and our proprietary AI platform. We value autonomy and positive impact. Responsibilities include:
- Building microservices for our no-code platform, analytics, admin console, data management functionality and others
- Designing and implementing scalable architecture for consuming and providing APIs
- Integrating with 3rd party systems
- Scala (2+ years of real, hands-on experience in Scala in a professional environment)
- Functional programming
- HTTP REST APIs
- SQL and NoSQL DBs
- Agile Engineering Practices (Kanban)
- Experience building microservices-based architectures
- Experience with functional programming libraries
Some Scala libraries we use—mostly Typelevel stack backend:
- http4s, akka-http
- Monix, FS2, akka-streams
- Slick, Doobie
- Specs2, ScalaCheck
- Start up culture
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation time (UK and US)
- Quarterly team events / perks
- Company retreats
- Travel pass or Gym Membership
- Birthday day off
- Friday lunch on us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?