Customer Success Engineer
Remote, United States
Code Climate empowers software engineering organizations to achieve excellence across people, process, and code with data-driven insights. Our Engineering intelligence products are trusted by thousands of organizations- from enterprises to startups - helping align engineering initiatives with strategic priorities, accelerate software delivery, and drive continuous improvement.
Code Climate is based in New York and was founded in 2011, by engineering leaders who were frustrated by decisions being made in the dark or by gut instinct. Code Climate envisions a world where technology leaders can drive business success through increased transparency, efficiency, and actionable data. Since the launch of our company, our automated code review tool, Quality, has helped over 100,000 developers improve their code bases. After nearly a decade, we launched our flagship product, Velocity. Velocity enables technology leaders to make confident, data-driven decisions that fuel elite team performances at scale.
As a Customer Success Engineer you’ll work directly with our customers to help them meet their code quality goals using Code Climate. You’ll help onboard new customers, proactively ensure their ongoing success with our solutions and help find ways for Code Climate to be more useful for their organization. You’ll also work closely with our engineering and customer service teams as a voice for these customers within the company.
As a key part of the external face of Code Climate, we’re looking for someone who strives to provide an amazing experience for customers.
- Design, manage, and execute the technical onboarding and integration for new customers
- Guiding customers towards best practices and solutions for their engineering goals, with an eye towards the short, medium and long term
- Helping customers who have not yet defined programming standards for their organization/team on how best to configure Code Climate for their needs
- Creating training materials and programs to teach customers how best to take advantage of Code Climate Velocity
- Integrating Code Climate into an organization’s existing IT environment -- including source code management, code review tools, and collaboration tools like Trello and Slack.
- Diagnosing issues affecting customers and collaborating with the product engineering team to identify solutions (and creatively suggesting workarounds, when necessary).
- Becoming an active and positive collaborator in the customer’s mission to better improve their code and software development processes by learning about their unique goals, successes and challenges.
- 3+ years supporting enterprise customers as a CSE or SE -OR- 3+ years as a software engineer or engineering manager
- Ability to identify technical risks and implement mitigation strategies
- Experience mapping technical environments and discovering technical, security, and process requirements
- Comfortable with conducting product deep dives for a variety of personas, from senior engineering leaders to individual contributors
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical documentation
- Experience using data, and identifying which data to use, to inform technical decisions
- Deep understanding of SDLC, agile principles, modern software development philosophies, and models such as VSM, SPACE, and DORA
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker), application security (SAST, DAST) and/or cloud deployment models (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Preferred: Experience with an enterprise selling model
- Preferred: Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- You’re comfortable having discussions with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You’re passionate about software development and have either a background in software development or have taken classes in your spare time.
Working at Code Climate
- Remote position with New York headquarters.
- Fast paced start-up full of talented and mission driven individuals that love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off & benefits including open vacation policy and parental leave.
Compensation range: 125-235k
Backed by leading VC firms, including PSG, Union Square Ventures, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and NextView Ventures, Code Climate has raised $66M in funding to date having closed a Series C round in August 2021.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Code Climate is committed to providing competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits. The compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as location, the role’s scope and complexity, and the candidate’s experience and expertise, and may vary from the range provided.
We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.