Customer Support Lead
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you'll do:
You will lead ClassDojo’s Customer Support organization. The scope of this ranges from managing our in-house customer support agents and SLAs, owning our Support site, influencing product development, and
This will involve:
- Setting and maintaining exceptional response times and satisfaction ratings
- Leveling up our self service options to reduce ticket volume by 50%
- Ensuring every product team has a clear partnership with Support team, with substantive input to how their products are being built
- Partnering with Product and Engineering to release improvements and audit new features
- Partnering with Trust & Safety, and Community teams to build trust and community around Dojo
- Integrating our new Marketplace support team fully into our systems, using a different operational model to ensure costs are kept low to match the different business model.
You will be a match if:
- You have 5+ years leading a customer support/success team
- You have experience with at 2+ operational models for support (e.g. in-house, outsourced, hybrid)
- You have experience working in a consumer tech product organization
- You can show evidence of experimenting and quick testing of different models and solutions for improving customer support experience
- You want to work in a fast-moving company with high expectations.
- Experience in high-growth, tech start-up environments.
- Managing Trust & Safety teams
- Experience with community-driven products
- Experience with Customer Success organizations more broadly.
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo's $125m Series D (Forbes) and Sam’s note about it.
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
- ClassDojo's Second Act Comes with First Profits (TechCrunch) and Sam's note about it.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.
Something looks off?