Specialist, Email Marketing & CRM
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a passionate, self-motivated, and agile email marketer to join our CRM Team. The ideal candidate will own the strategic and tactical execution of all email marketing campaigns for Casper — from content ideation, to HTML coding, through deployment and reporting. You will help support the ideation for all email content and own the email content calendar. The ideal candidate will also assist with analyzing and reporting on email performance and execute on immediate optimizations that are all rooted in data - business insights, industry insights, and customer insights. This role is a balance of creative and analytical work.
If you are someone who is comfortable making decisions and is able to cut through complexities to get things done, this is the right role for you. You need to be comfortable with change and be interested in taking on more than your core responsibilities. This role is highly cross-functional and having good communications skills and enjoying working with others is critical to be successful in this role. This position is based out of our New York HQ and reports to the Sr. Director of CRM and Commercial Marketing.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper has Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do:
- Day-to-day execution of Casper's email program, including building emails, creating audience segments, setting up tests, scheduling email campaigns, quality assurance, monitoring and reporting campaign results
- Own Casper’s email content creation, copy direction, and brief creation
- Maintain Casper’s email calendar and email cadence and ensure all creative deadlines are met
- Design and execute A/B subject line, creative, and copy tests regularly
- Manage review and approval process for email content
- Weekly and monthly email program reporting and analysis with data driven recommendations for improving the program - leverage email performance and behavioral data, customer data, test results, etc., to support recommendations
- Manage coordination between external agencies and internal Tech/Creative/Marketing Teams, putting processes in place where they do not exist today
- Responsible for growing and overall health of Casper’s emailable file
- Own Casper’s SMS program, including content, strategy, and execution
Our dream candidate is/has…
- Degree in marketing or related field
- 2-4 years experience in an email marketing role, direct-to-consumer brand experience is a plus
- HTML/CSS email coding experience is a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
- Ability to create compelling email stories and comfortable writing copy
- Comfortable working in Looker or similar business insights platform
- Prior experience with email personalization and dynamic content
- Solid understanding of email KPIs and deliverability metrics
- Impeccable attention to detail, time management skills, and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while cutting through complexity to make decisions and meet strict deadlines
- Both a self-starter and team player with great energy and drive
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to manage various projects at once in an ever-changing environment, while working well with cross-functional teams
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Strong written and grammatical skills
Targeted Annual Base Salary Range: $75,000-90,000 USD
Casper’s compensation philosophy ensures that the actual base salary is based on factors including but not limited to skills, education, experience, special training, time in position, and/or years of service.
We recognize that annual base salary is just one part of a total rewards package. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, wellbeing resources, and other perks including:
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
- … and more!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Something looks off?