Senior Treasury Manager
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Senior Treasury Manager to join our growing Finance team in our New York City HQ. This person will be a critical part of the Finance team, and will report into the Vice President - Global Controller.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across the United States and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Handle receipt, banking and protection of company funds, securities and financial products
- Anticipate borrowing needs and available funds for investment
- Develop an annual cash needs budget for the company and create long-term projections based on departmental needs and upcoming capital projects
- Develop cash flow improvement projects.
- Maintain an efficient system of policies and procedures that adequately control treasury activities
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operational and capital investment needs
- Advise Senior Management of loans, liquidity and investments
- Prepare treasury related financial reports
- Insurance related activities including negotiating insurance renewals and maintaining insurance relationships
- Implement and maintain a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded from a treasury and payroll perspective
- Reporting all exemption notifications and filing all relevant reports, e.g. quarterly tax and deduction reports
- Provide required treasury reports and reconciliations to Finance/Accounting team and external auditors as required
- This is a hybrid role, requiring 2-3 days per week at our 3 World Trade Center office.
Our dream candidate has...
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 6-8 years of experience in treasury related activities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Experience and competency working with Excel
- Prior start-up experience/ E-commerce experience a plus
- Exposure to large ERP systems
- Ongoing lender reporting (daily, weekly, monthly)
- More AP management than typical for treasurer in the beginning
- Process and technical mix
- Refinancing and working with lenders
- Own cash flow and lender reporting
The syrup on your waffles
Targeted Annual Base Salary Range: $140,000.00 - $160,000.00 USD
Casper’s compensation philosophy ensures that the actual base salary is based on factors including but not limited to skills, education, experience, special training, time in position, and/or years of service.
We recognize that annual base salary is just one part of a total rewards package. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, wellbeing resources, and other perks including:
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
- … and more!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Something looks off?