Manager, Compensation & HRIS
Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper’s People team is looking for a Manager, Compensation & HRIS. This person will partner closely with the entire HR team to ideate, support and implement Casper’s compensation/bonus programs and HR Systems and reporting. This person will play a critical role in supporting Casper’s hybrid workforce, ensuring business health, and designing compensation policies that attract and retain best-in-class talent. You must have a true passion for people and culture, an analytical eye and skillset, and be driven to develop yourself and those around you.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper has Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Serve as subject matter expert and trusted partner to business leaders, Recruiters, HR Business Partners, and others across the organization
- Lead and mentor the HR Systems & Reporting Lead
- Lead all compensation initiatives and programs, including reviewing and recommending changes to our compensation strategy (salary bands, variable compensation, and incentives for in-office, remote, and field employees)
- Manage the annual compensation review process
- Partner with HR on the mapping and leveling of roles to Casper’s internal job architecture, assessing salary ranges, internal equity, and pay equity across and within teams
- Utilize data to drive decision-making. Stay abreast of industry trends to ensure we implement competitive, and inclusive, best practices.
- Manage vendor relationships to include ongoing evaluation for competitive offerings and efficiencies for HR systems and invoicing
- Manage HRIS and other integrated systems/feeds for compliance, data integrity, reporting, dashboard building, and systems efficacy.
- Provide audit support as needed and ensure compliance with FLSA, minimum wage, pay transparency rules, and others.
- Review, improve, and document internal processes
Our dream candidate has...
- Minimum 5 years in a Compensation or Total Rewards position for a mid-size company; retail experience preferred
- Well-versed in various types of compensation programs and philosophies
- Proven experience in the analysis, design and/or administration of compensation programs, especially commission based pay structures.
- Full understanding of and experience with salary surveys (Korn Ferry preferred), job evaluations, new hire offers, and other elements of compensation support
- Experience with multi-state locations relating to compensation plans.
- Preferred experience managing and developing variable, LTI, and commission structures.
- Robust knowledge of HRIS systems to support and enable work across the broader People team
- Required proficiency in Excel and data analysis.
- Self motivated and results-driven individual with strong prioritization skills, creative problem-solver, and team player.
- Flexibility to work across multiple functions and disciplines. You should be able to pivot and re-prioritize at a moment’s notice
- No task too small or too large attitude
- Experience in people management
- We prefer this to be a hybrid role, with an average of 1-3 days per week based at our spacious 3 World Trade Center office
Targeted Annual Base Salary Range: $120,000-140,000 USD
Casper’s compensation philosophy ensures that the actual base salary is based on factors including but not limited to skills, education, experience, special training, time in position, and/or years of service.
We recognize that annual base salary is just one part of a total rewards package. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, wellbeing resources, and other perks including:
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
- … and more!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Something looks off?