Senior Mobile Engineer
Remote · United States · Canada
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Meet Casa, the leading bitcoin and ethereum security company that offers members unparalleled control over their digital wealth. Our team combines deep security expertise, human-centered design, and exceptional customer service to empower our members and build lifelong relationships with them.
You will be a key member of our engineering team, partnering closely with the product team to deliver high-quality features in Casa’s Android app and supporting our iOS app when required. Your interest and prior experience in cryptocurrency/cryptography will allow you to be a strong voice on the team, providing guidance and advice on critical technical decisions. This role is essential for the company to help drive growth, revenue and product decisions.
This position is 100% remote and reports to our Head of Engineering.
Salary Range: $144,000-$176,000 USD
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with your product manager to assess, scope, technically plan, break down and deliver feature work
- Assist in the identification, research and resolution of critical production bugs
- Partner with our testers to ensure appropriate test coverage through unit tests as well as contribute to automated test suites and quickly resolve defects
- Provide technical mentorship and feedback to other engineering team members as appropriate
- Help evolve our mobile architecture to consistently improve development efficiency and quality
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an experienced developer with 5+ years working in Java or Kotlin
- You have shipped one or more Android apps that are currently available in the Google Play Store
- You enjoy building apps that are technically robust and are a joy for customers to use
- You are adept at consuming RESTful APIs for back-end integration
- You have worked in an Agile development environment and are very comfortable with backlog grooming, technical task definition and effort estimation
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Java or Kotlin
- Familiarity with Jetpack Compose
- Strong focus on quality and test automation (functional, integration, etc.)
- An interest in security principles
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to present findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Traits we look for in all candidates: exceptional organization, high attention to detail, transparency, collaborative nature, and above-and-beyond personal integrity.
- Prior experience with Swift
- Experience working in cryptocurrency/ cryptography
- Understanding of database technology such as SQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.
- Familiarity with open-source implementations and cloud environments
- Understanding of Infrastructure-as-code and infrastructure automation
- Keen eye for user experience improvements and good design
At Casa, our mission is to empower individuals to secure their digital sovereignty, and we empower our employees to do their best work.
Ownership. Private key management is the beginning of a future you can truly own, and at Casa, everyone has a role. We offer equity opportunities so our employees can benefit from what we are building together
Community. Inclusivity is important to us.We value each other and our contributions. Our team, known as the Casa Space Fleet, brings out the best in everyone while having plenty of fun along the wayRest and Relaxation. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. We encourage you to take at least 3 weeks off a year
Health Benefits. We provide medical coverage with FSA options, dental, vision, and access to mental health providers
Setup for Remote Success. Our team is both decentralized and effective. We reimburse up to $400 for anything you need to set up your home office
Investment Avenues. We partner with resources so you can invest a portion of your paycheck in Bitcoin, and we also have the more traditional 401(k) option
Maternity/Paternity Leave. We provide 12 weeks for maternity / 4 weeks for paternity
*As Casa is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location
Casa is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status