Store Experience Lead, Full-Time
About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question, "What should we do today?" through a unique combination of retail, media, and entertainment. Launched in 2018, CAMP operates eight retail locations in Atlanta, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York and Texas and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Full-Time Store Experience Lead to join our CAMP Burlington team. You will be responsible for guiding CAMP’s families through our retail experience, ensuring they have a magical experience and want to return ! This includes:
- Modeling and coaching to great customer experience during your shifts, which includes:
- Welcoming every guest who walks into our store with a custom greeting and performing your own magic door entrance!
- Playing with and engaging families as they journey through CAMP experience
- Demoing and playing with products
- Customizing personal shopping experiences for each family based on their interests and what they’d like to bring home that day.
- This involves engaging in conversations with families about what they are interested in and for what ages and introducing them to relevant items as well as items they didn't know they want or need, ultimately netting in purchases!
- Checking families out at the register and letting them know about upcoming programs or other CAMP news
- Running retail floor, cafe, programming, back of house operations, opening and closing procedures
- Leading family programs and events, including crafting with families, reading books, setting up supplies, cleaning up supplies, helping families 1:1.
- Adhering to CAMP’s COVID-19 health and safety protocols for team members and families.
- Using your professional judgment and expertise to decide
- What products you’ll demo
- What stories to tell families
- How to greet families and perform your own unique magic door schtick
- How to use your unique talents and skills to enhance a families fun and magical experience
- Drive daily priorities for yourself and the team
- Direct communication with the GM and store leadership team about priorities, areas of focus in the business and the greater team.
- Support the GM and leadership team with goal achievement (KPIs)
- Inspiring and encouraging employees to ensure a high level of morale. This includes:
- Intervening when incidents arise in store such as difficult or unhappy customers, injury, theft, and employee disagreement
- Deciding when necessary and appropriate to escalate to GM or people & culture team
- You will report to the General Manager (GM) of your home store location
What is required?
- Ability to work at least one weekend day/week, but ideally both!
- Open availability. This role is full time and you will be working approximately 40 hours / each week
- Prior work experience in any of the following areas: retail, child care, child development/ education, performing arts.
- Excellence, enthusiasm, and excitement around engaging with children and families creatively.
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience.
- Patience, warmth, joy, and humor.
- Bonus but not required: you may have hidden talents that can add magical moments to our retail experience.
What are the physical demands?
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights (may be climbing up and down a ladder)
- Exposure to outdoor elements such as sun, precipitation, and wind
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
- Ability to safely operate manual and electrical equipment from time to time
- Able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours per shift and to continuously move around all areas of the store
- Kneeling and squatting from time to time when engaging children or stocking / restocking shelves
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve.
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations.
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth.
We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity.
We provide our team with best:
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Medical Coverage & Pharmacy Benefits including virtual doctor visits
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- Gym and Wellness Discounts
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health, and Dependent Care
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP’s retail stores and CAMP.com
- Accrual based PTO policy (2 hours for every 30 worked) to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- Additional floating PTO day allowing you to rest, celebrate, recharge on a day that is most impactful to you
- 401(k) Plan(Employee contribution only)
- 1.5 pay on the following holidays: Independence Day, Labor Day, New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Antonio, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!