Store Manager, Full-Time
About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question, "What should we do today?" through a unique combination of retail, media, and entertainment. Launched in 2018, CAMP operates eight retail locations in Atlanta, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York and Texas and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Store Manager to join the CAMP Burlington team. You will report to the General Manager (GM) of CAMP Burlington and be responsible for managing the store and optimizing customer engagement, employee experience, and business results.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Running retail floor, cafe, programming, stock, opening and closing procedures
- Onboarding, training and development and performance management of associates
- Providing associates with updates and guidance relating to health & safety guidelines, zoning, break information, product information, and weekly trainingPartnering with GM to manage associates performance and ensure they are meeting expectations of their role and on a path to progress at CAMP either within our stores or in Labs (aka our corporate team) . This includes: conducting regular check in with associates to monitor their performance, understand their career goals at camp and beyond and helping them to achieve those!
- Helping them learn new skills within the store, matching them up with the proper team members on CAMP labs, and when necessary creating performance improvement plans and documentation for employees who are not meeting expectations
- Adhering to CAMP’s COVID-19 health and safety protocols for team members and families
- Checking families out at the register and letting them know about upcoming programs or other CAMP news
- Gathering & documenting incidents with customers or team members should they arise
- Prioritizing and executing strategies to improve CAMP’s operations, sales, and service
- Completing daily recaps to be shared with CAMP Labs and the rest of store leadership
- Inspiring and encouraging employees to ensure a high level of morale. This includes:
- Intervening when incidents arise in store such as difficult or unhappy customers, injury, theft, and employee disagreement
- Deciding when necessary and appropriate to escalate to GM or people & culture team
What will you bring to CAMP?
- 3-5 years of store or team leadership experience in the retail, hospitality or family entertainment
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to be trained and work in any of our New York City locations without notice
- Excellence, enthusiasm, and excitement around engaging with children and families creatively
- Exceed in all areas of CAMP’s Core Values - W.O.S.T.A. (Warmth, Output, Spirit, Truth, Agility)
- Desire to be part of a tight-knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience
- Hold yourself and your team to high standards
- Possess a welcoming and helpful attitude and the ability to lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology and can accurately handle POS functions
- Be able to manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus but not required: You may have hidden talents that can add magical moments to our retail experience
What are the physical demands?
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights, go up and down a ladder
- Exposure to outdoor elements such as sun, precipitation, and wind
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
- Ability to safely operate manual and electrical equipment
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth.We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Accrual based PTO policy (2 hours for every 30 worked-up to 80 hours a year)
- Additional floating PTO day allowing you to rest, celebrate, recharge on a day that is most impactful to you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage including pharmacy benefits, virtual doctor visits, and more
- Parental leave that supports our team members and their families
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Pet insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health, and Dependent Care
- Gym and Wellness Discounts
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 401(k) plan (employee contribution only)
- For hourly employees: 1.5 pay on the following holidays: Independence Day, Labor Day, New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Antonio, letting me know why you are interested in working for CAMP and why we should hire you!