Media Management Specialist
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
You will oversee, and manage our shared storage servers, maintain synchronicity between our backups and offsite cloud backups. You will create cue sheets, process archives, maintain, and conform multiple types of projects. BuzzFeed produces a wide scope of diverse content, ranging from short form social media content to BuzzFeed episodic shows. Ability to work effectively and efficiently over video chat and emails is essential!
Business Area: Administrative
Job Category: Operations
Salary: $25-$27.50 USD
Union Status: Non Union
- Manage hundreds of TB of data on shared storage & local drives daily.
- Schedule and prep drives & media offload kits for productions.
- Track and maintain inventory through Web Checkout database.
- Identify, inform, forecast physical purchases
- Track and archive projects to our cloud storage provider.
- Retrieve archived projects & videos for teams.
- Monitor and perform weekly maintenance of our storage pools.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and escalating issues to the IT department.
- Assist in Data Recovery of corrupted drives and media
- Write Standard operating procedures as needed.
- Train new members of the team to our workflow.
- Support Assistant Editors with Post Production workflow.
- Lead meetings and initiatives supporting our department.
- Assist in supporting the Tech Supervisor with machines in-office.
- Research and recommend potential workarounds for workflow issues.
- Aid in the development of Archiving Workflow through AWS/Cloud Storage.
- Attention to detail, and ability to rigidly adhere to protocol.
- Excellent communication & time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent knowledge of Post workflow, including local/cloud storage devices, DIT hardware, and modern cabling standards.
- Must have fundamental understanding of video standards, frame rates, aspect ratio & data bitrates.
- 1+ year of experience as an assistant editor or archive library coordinator.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com. Requests received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Something looks off?