Studio Systems Coordinator (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Studio Operations
Salary: $250 - 275/day USD.
Union Status: Non-Union
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
BuzzFeed Inc. is looking for a project-based Studio Systems Coordinator to join our team in the New York office. This role will report into the Resourcing Solutions Manager and will work closely with the Studio Technology, Creative Resources, and Stage Operations teams. The Production Systems Coordinator will resource stages, put equipment orders together, assist with any day-of stage needs, and properly troubleshoot common tech related issues.
- Coordinate stage calendar for NY productions
- Complete Production Binders for each production and lead Resource Syncs
- Fulfill equipment orders, as well as coordinate equipment purchases as needed
- Assist administration of software platforms required for equipment workflow (rental, cost tracking, etc).
- Escalate equipment issues with management appropriately, such as insufficient gear quantities or new trends that could affect equipment availability.
- Upkeep of equipment and stage inventories
- Maintain accounting tracker for Studio Systems org
- Handle timecards for freelancers in Studio Systems org
- Stay extremely organized and adhere to internal SOPs across Production Systems
- Help troubleshoot Studio Systems technical related issues
- Successfully complete daily tasks, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Knowledgeable of low- to mid-range camera models including Canon C300 MKII, various brands of DLRs, smartphones, GoPros.
- Knowledge of standard audio gear including lavs, booms, various types of microphones, wireless transmitters, etc.
- Experience with Airtable or Float is a plus
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced production environment.
- Exhibit polished and timely written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience with signal processing, including video village, streaming, LUTs, etc is a plus.
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Understanding of Production process and equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Experience with Mac OS, Google Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects is a plus
- Must be available to work from the NY office
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Something looks off?