Junior Music Social Editor, Complex
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
Business Area: Complex
Job Category: Social Media
Salary: $25 - $30 / hr
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
Complex Networks is looking for a passionate Freelance Junior Music Editor with a deep knowledge of video production and editing. You'll be diplomatic, solutions-oriented, and professional in high-pressure situations. You have a deep understanding of virality, the ability to craft compelling and engaging material across a range of subjects, and a passion for content creation.
- Create and schedule content for all Complex Music channels (Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook) during your shift, ensuring a mix of evergreen, original, and timely content while staying up-to-date with the news cycle and any event/anniversary tentpoles.
- Work with the Senior Complex Music Social Editor to ideate,concept, and produce content around Complex Music shows, projects and tentpoles specifically for the development of vertical social-first video content.
- Uphold the voice of Complex & Complex Music socials, exhibiting excellent judgment and audience-sensitive framing.
- Support the creation of social rollouts for Complex programming that falls under the Music vertical.
- Ideate and support the creation of social first ideas in partnership with editorial, production, and promo teams.
- Assist with live coverage of events on socials that take place at night on both weekends and weekdays.
- Provide social media coverage for events that take place at night on both weekends and weekdays.
- Maintain and update a social calendar that highlights upcoming events, anniversaries, and other tentpoles.
- Develop and create original real-time content for Complex Music audiences, identifying memes and trends at the forefront of virality.
- Live tweet major events such as the Grammys, Super Bowl Halftime show, and others.
- Help maintain a positive and supportive culture for the social media team.
- 2-4 years of social media and content creation experience with a publisher, brand, or music related space.
- A deep understanding of the Complex content, voice, and tone.
- Proficiency in shooting and editing video content with CapCut and Premiere Pro.
- Interest in data around user engagement, viewership, and ability to iterate on success.
- Interest in part taking in social video shoots with talent, both in studio and at events.
- Positive, intuitive, proactive, and collaborative team player.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends/holidays for coverage.
- Robust knowledge of current events + hip-hop + and the current music landscape.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Something looks off?