Stagehand (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Job Category: Operations
Salary: 24-26/hr USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed is searching for a dependable Stagehand to join our Creative and Studio Services team. The Stagehand’s responsibilities include setting up and testing lighting and other equipment, assisting cast and crew with understanding stage use expectations, and making adjustments to sets.
To be successful as a Stagehand, you should enjoy working with your hands and be prepared to learn new skills on the job. Outstanding candidates are self-starters with a can-do attitude and excellent attention to detail.
- Move, set up, and test lighting, sound, and other equipment according to set requirements.
- Assemble production rigging and support structures and break them down when the production is over.
- Inspect lighting, sound, and other equipment, and ensure that everything is plugged into the correct power source.
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to ensure stages are safe.
- Ensure all signs and posted policies are visible within the stages and adhered to during productions.
- “Sweep” the stage between productions and report any unsatisfactory resets to stage management.
- Run errands when required.
- Dashboard Tech notes
- Schematic Draft and Data intake
- Entire Open/ Close procedure
- Start FSP Procedure
Any Operations assignment:
- Preset oversight
- Stage clean up, upkeep, weekly tidy
- Proactive, improved utilization of standing stage resources
Experience in one or more of the following categories:
- Electrical distribution
- Film rigging
- Film lighting
- An ability to collaborate with others.
- An ability to focus and follow instructions to meet deadlines.
- Dedication to maintaining a safe work environment
- A desire to constantly expand your skills and knowledge of production work.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Something looks off?