Flier Relations Summer Intern
BLADE interns sit at the forefront of air travel, working closely with BLADE passengers and across all functional areas of the Company. The program is a 14-week internship based in Manhattan with a primary focus in our Flier Relations department. Interns will interface directly with BLADE’s clients and have the opportunity to work face-to-face with executive leadership.The BLADE internship program provides skill and professional development through participation in the development of real-world business solutions that support the delivery of strategic business initiatives. The BLADE internship provides interns the opportunity to immerse themselves in the business aviation industry while developing specific career interests and areas of study. This is real work over the summer; not just a summer job.
The BLADE internship program is not a traditional 9-to-5 summer internship. Interns can occasionally be asked to assist with after-hours charters, early-morning summer flights, and various other operational duties as well as the expectation of a 4-5 hour shift over the weekend to complete a total of 40 hours per week. A limit of 5 days off across the length of the internship will be enforced across all hires.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct customer engagement, including handling booking/charter requests, potential weather concerns, and demand for irregular routes.
- Building and maintaining relationships with frequent clients to promote brand loyalty.
- Memorization of key routes, fares, and operator information to facilitate the busy summer season.
- Attendance in passenger lounges to engage face-to-face with fliers.
- Support and development of client engagement events.
- Presentations to divisional leadership.
- Partner with our Flier Experience, Marketing, and Technology teams to identify and escalate opportunities to better engage with potential and existing fliers and/or to improve flier experience
- Analysis, development, and execution of various initiatives, primarily related to our corporate and travel agency customers.
- Work closely alongside Operations, Ground Transport, and Flier Experience teams on all flight updates or changes
What We Look For
- Good culture fit in an environment assisting high-end clientele
- An energetic, optimistic attitude and persistent doggedness for results
- Responsible individuals who value that this isn’t just a “summer job”
- Ownership for your actions and outcomes and maturity to see the tasks through
- Appreciation for punctuality (it's an aviation business, after all)
- Customer-focused and adaptable to flier needs and requests
- Responsive to important work-related questions, occasionally at off times
- Strong attention to detail and precise professionalism
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Operations Management, Political Science, Hospitality, Communications, or related fields.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to function effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Capable of rapidly learning in an unfamiliar business environment.
- The ideal candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects with variable timelines and sometimes very tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Be a self-starter, show initiative, and facilitate creative problem solving.
- Must exhibit a professional personal presentation and brand, strong competency in logistics management, and rapid learning of new software systems.
To apply, please submit a resume and brief cover letter, as well as one product/route idea that you think BLADE can benefit from