Tarmac 2024 Summer Associate - On-site, Full-time, Hamptons
You don’t just work at Blade. You become one of the best reasons our guests come back again and again. It’s our aim to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere for our fliers. We believe every employee should play a key role in helping enrich the guests’ time during their trip. This takes dedication to hospitality and an appreciation for innovative leadership. We are a team, and we act like it. We also believe, as Blade management, in a commitment to providing a secure and enjoyable work environment for every employee, that promotes honesty, mutual respect, personal growth, and career advancement.
Join our team as a Hamptons Airport Flier Experience Associate for Blade, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues, by ensuring guest satisfaction at check-in and throughout the guests’ travel. Partner with your Ground Transport partners seamlessly.
Pay Range: This is a full-time, year-round, non-exempt position. The hourly rate starts at $25.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Blade family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and team.
Ensure the guest experience meets or exceeds all quality and service standards from check-in to departure. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Confirming all necessary information (using electronic tablets) such as passenger lists, flight status, as well as any other item that may support efficient and timely check-in processes.
- Offering and serving refreshments to passengers and maintaining the cleanly state of the lounge.
- Managing inventory orders and ensuring that the lounge is appropriately stocked.
- Ensuring that any guest preferences are recorded on the guest history page and are well introduced to the appropriate departments for follow-up.
- Directing or escorting guests to their aircraft or ground transportation and providing help with luggage.
- Respond promptly and tactfully to any guest request or complaint that may arise.
- Make sure that any irregularities and discrepancies are recorded on the departmental Slack channel and brought to the attention of the appropriate team leader.
- Acting as an ambassador of the brand by providing guests any reservation updates, pertinent information, lists of Blade amenities, ground transport recommendations, etc. as needed.
- Organizing and maintaining the front desk/counter, ensuring that all materials and supplies are readily available and accessible to expedite smooth travel in/out procedures.
- Familiarizing with all Blade services, to be able to address, assist and actively upsell to guests.
- Maintaining excellent relationships within the Flier Experience Department and familiarizing oneself with the operations and priorities of all other departments.
- Prioritizing safety in everything you do and reporting all incidents immediately to senior management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including Sunday evenings and holidays, according to demand, weather, and any additional department needs. Our Airport service does not run on Saturday at all; or on Sunday before 3:00 PM, so you won't work those times.
- Possesses great communication skills and the ability to present and speak with confidence.
- Ability to perform with grace under pressure.
- Two years’ experience at a front desk at a hotel, restaurant, spa/fitness center preferred
- Prior experience in a luxury environment is a huge plus
- Must be over 18 years old, able to commute via mass transit or have your own transportation, and a valid driver’s license
Supervision given and received
Supervision Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision Received: Work under direct or virtual supervision from your Station Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, see, hear, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
Regularly work in adverse weather conditions. Frequently in bright sunlight and at night. Exposure to noises that cause distraction and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces. Must be able to constantly lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
We believe that our differences not only make us stronger but also guide our evolution and future growth. All employees are expected to create an inclusive environment free from harassment, discrimination, and bullying. Together, we celebrate, advocate for, and learn from our colleagues, clients, and communities to create the best environment to live and work for all.