Software Engineer II - Computer Vision
Birdstop is a remote sensing company that uses drones and AI to deliver real-time intel. Fortune 500 companies in sectors ranging from energy to telecommunications to transportation infrastructure rely on Birdstop systems to make mission critical decisions on high value assets. Birdstop systems sit in the field to deploy and command drones without requiring personnel onsite.
This is a full-time on-site role located in Concord, CA for a Software Engineer II - Computer Vision. As part of the Birdstop software engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying computer vision algorithms uncovering value for Birdstop clients by target tracking and object classification using low-cost sensors and commercial off-the-shelf cameras. Your work will be critical to the success of our unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) fleets that are deployed around the world. You will collaborate frequently with other engineers on the team but be expected to execute independently.
We are looking for someone with a “Skunk Works” mentality, passionate about working at a mission driven and fast moving organization. This role, like every role at Birdstop, will often be put into unpredictable situations with unforeseen technical, regulatory, or logistical challenges. In some of these cases, it will be the first time facing this challenge for anyone at Birdstop or in the industry at large. The candidate must be able to meet unprecedented problems head on, make sound judgements, conduct disciplined diagnostics, think outside the box, and work well with internal and external stakeholders. Proactivity and speed of learning are valued equal to existing hard skills and experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
- At least 3 years of software development experience in a professional environment
- At least 2 years of experience in computer vision, image processing, and machine learning techniques
- Familiar with machine learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, OpenCV)
- Strong programming knowledge in Python, C++, and Linux
- Experience with embedded systems and low-power CPU/GPU architectures
- Knowledge of data structures, statistics, and optimization algorithms
- Firm understanding of database concepts and experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience with unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and systems is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to meet rapid timelines and communicate any deviations to timeline expediently.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to writing clean and maintainable code.
- Work authorization in the United States (no visa sponsorship available).