Channel Manager - ISO Partnerships
We acknowledge that Bench is founded on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Partnerships department look like?
The Partnerships team is responsible for delivering on big, exciting goals. By establishing and growing partnerships, we directly contribute to the top of funnel success of Bench and we have fun doing it.
Joining Partnerships at Bench means you will be signing up to strategically grow the revenue generated from each of your signed and activated partners, help Bench and our partners reach their goals and targets, respond to the shifting needs of small businesses clients, work cross-functionally with all Bench teams, and create a world-class experience for our partners.
The overarching goal of the Channel Manager (ISOs) is to recruit and develop new Independent Sales Organizations (ISOs) and Agents. This role is responsible for building out Bench’s first ISO Channel Program, growing a network of partners to extend Bench’s services and help more small businesses thrive.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Establish and grow an ISO/agent partner channel for Bench that scales from <10 customers/m to +100 customers/m in 12 months.
- Proactively prospect and reach out to potential partners (ISOs/Agents) to explore program fit
- Recruit and onboard new channel partners (ISOs/Agents) primarily via self-generated leads through cold calling, professional networking, and personal connections
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of partnership opportunities to drive revenue growth.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for partnerships, providing regular reports to internal stakeholders.
- Analyze the success of partnerships and make recommendations for optimization and improvement.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging opportunities.
- Provide insights and recommendations to leadership based on market intelligence.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of experience working within payments, ideally directly with ISOs/Agents
- You are a self-starter who is ready to take on the demands of hyper growth.
- You are lit up by the opportunity to 3X partnership revenue
- A strong grasp of top of funnel metrics, campaign measurement, and goal setting in a highly agile environment.
- A track record of executing measurable results across highly matrixed organizations.
- Bringing new ideas to the table, and taking measured risks is natural for you. You take responsibility and you’re often first to roll up your sleeves when things need to get done.
- An activated curiosity and openness to being an equitable and inclusive leader. Our commitment to anti-racism and anti-discrimination as a company excites you.
It could be an even better fit if:
- You have a demonstrable history of building and growing an ISO channel
- You have an existing network of relationships with Acquirers, ISOs, and Agents.
- A well-developed equity lens: You actively engage in leadership of teams and of strategic-level work with an equity lens and an eye for inclusivity. You don’t just accept equitable practices, you model and advocate for them on your teams and in your work.
- Experience leading and growing teams.
How you will be measured on success:
- Your success is directly tied to and assessed by the number of channel partners you onboard. You will be held to specific partners and leads targets.
The extra details:
- At Bench, we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for the role is $90,600 - 123,500, with a component of these earnings made up of variable pay.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- You will have the support of your manager, and the opportunity to learn and develop with a team of unconventional & diverse Benchmates who are working together to achieve the same mission.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- We currently focus our hiring efforts in the following US states - Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin.
- Bench provides a Home Office Setup Fund, to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 90 days in a 12-month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.