Senior Product Manager
We acknowledge that Bench is founded on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
Dear future Benchmate,There has never been a more exciting time to join Bench. Backed by incredible technology and venture capital, we’re on our way to creating a world where every person has the opportunity to own a thriving business.
Finance is inseparable from the human experience. Our finances influence our mental and physical wellbeing, where we live, our education, our family structures, and the opportunities we do or do not have. In the mind of the small business owner, there is no distinction between their business finances and their personal finances. Working at Bench isn’t about fintech; it’s about helping every business owner thrive!
Bench is already the biggest bookkeeper in North America — we currently have over 12,000 clients, and since inception we have processed over $90B in transactions — and we’re just at the beginning of our journey. We have incredible automation technology that has allowed us to build the world’s largest bookkeeping service with a fraction of the operating cost of any competitor, and we have an ambitious roadmap that takes our automation to the next level.Sincerely,
Prasad Sristi, VP of Product
What you’ll get up to:
- Take ownership of a critical component of Bench's customer journey and related features within your core stream and roadmap..
- Collaborate closely with your stream to align your contributions with broader Product Roadmap and Company strategic objectives.
- Apply a customer-centric approach, leveraging research and insights to define impactful products.
- Cultivate an experimentation culture, continuously testing and iterating on product concepts for improved user experiences.
- Craft persuasive business arguments and detailed product briefs for effective stakeholder communication and initiative endorsement.
- Define and track key product metrics to measure success and maintain transparent communication with executive leadership.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to align product strategies with go-to-market (GTM) strategies for successful launches.
What you’ll need:
- 5 years of proven experience in a product organization, demonstrating the ability to deliver impactful solutions rather than just features.
- Prioritization of problem-solving over solution-building, and the ability to employ first principles thinking to uncover deep customer insights.
- A customer-centric mindset, consistently thinking from the customer's perspective and going beyond surface-level feedback with a focus on root cause analysis.
- Ability to articulate a compelling business case and create detailed product briefs, effectively communicating your ideas to stakeholders.
- Strong execution skills, optimizing for outcomes, and setting up the right leading indicators and success metrics while maintaining an experimental mindset.
- Initiative, a go-getter attitude, and a bias for action with a high level of agency that facilitates adaptation to evolving customer expectations and industry trends.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, a keen perceptiveness to your audience, and the ability to authentically generate buy-in across multiple teams.
- Collaborative first mindset with the ability to effectively work within cross-functional teams, with product designers and engineers, to bring product designs to life.
- A resonance with our mission and principles.
It could be an even better fit if you:
- Industry experience in Fintech.
- Proven expertise in service design mapping, customer experience mapping, and manual-to-digital transformation projects
- Proficiency in inclusive design principles, showcasing the ability to create products and experiences that consider the diverse needs and perspectives of all users.
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $126,000 to $157,000 depending on experience.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC’s Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! For some roles, we do require folks to be in the office regularly. We’ll be sure to outline expectations during the interview process.
- For folks working fully remote, we will provide additional solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months, within a 12 month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.