Client Success Specialist
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. Learn more about us on our About page.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench!
What does the Client Success department look like?
At the core of it, Client Success at Bench is a people-centric team focused on helping small business owners and entrepreneurs in the US gain financial mastery. As our Client Success Specialist, you thrive when you are helping customers and other Benchmates solve tough problems. You genuinely care for supporting people, and have an articulate phone and online presence that conveys confidence and empathy. You have a knack for balancing customer needs with the needs of the business.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Retain customers by objection handling and problem-solving their questions and concerns, while providing the best possible experience
- Assist and work with customers to resolve billing, subscription, and experience-related issues or questions primarily over the phone and email
- Support our Sales and Bookkeeping teams in navigating customer escalations through solution-driven dialogue and problem-solving
- Utilize platforms like our Bench App, SalesForce, Stripe, and Slack to complete daily tasks
- Manage your own ongoing pipeline of customer requests through phone calls, emails, texts, and more
- Contribute to designing and improving processes and materials
- Help identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Consistently collaborate and communicate with the team
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Customer-first Mentality - Whether a customer is requesting to cancel or expressing frustrations, our reps go the extra mile for our customers and take the time to ensure the client feels heard, valued, and supported. This means listening more than talking, asking that one additional question, and understanding that it’s not about you, it’s about solving a problem.
- Resilience - When customers and internal stakeholders have issues, they come to us for guidance. We’re looking for team members who are able to withstand the highs and lows of customer emotions. Not every customer interaction is positive, and a rep’s ability to empathize and stay confident is a major piece of how we turn a customer’s experience around. Reps should also always have the end goal in mind and be comfortable working in an environment where targets are challenging.
- Communication - We problem-solve every day and, as the quarterback of many of these conversations, clear and concise communication (verbal and written) ensures we’re efficient and effective with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Organization - We’re juggling different tools, different workflows, and a pipeline between 30-70 cases at a time. The ability to quickly learn new platforms, organize your workflow, create efficiencies, and prioritize work allows reps to widen their impact across the team. Multi-tasking and time management leads to strong results on this team!
It could be an even better fit if you are:
- Adaptable - Retention at Bench is an ever-changing environment and reps need to be able to quickly adapt to new workflows, tools, and customers problems. We often need to quickly implement new process changes, so fast learners and people who have experience working in fast-paced environments are a major plus!
- Independent/Autonomous - With so many moving parts, there’s little available to micromanage a rep’s performance. Our most successful reps are those who are motivated to do great work on their own and provide constant feedback (both positive and constructive).
- Solution-driven problem solving - We’re always dealing with the next problem and we love having creative thinkers who drive towards solutions. Candidates who are humble and care about the end result will have a major impact. Do you challenge the status quo? Always looking for ways to improve systems and processes?
Extra bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in Sales or Customer Success (i.e. customer-facing experiences)
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The OTE range for this role is $40,500 to $50,500, with a component of these earnings made up of variable pay.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- You will have the support of your manager, and the opportunity to learn and develop with a team of unconventional & diverse Benchmates, who are all working together to achieve the same mission.
- We have a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months, within a 12 month period.
- If you live in BC’s Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! For some roles, we do require folks to be in the office regularly. We’ll be sure to outline expectations during the interview process.
- For folks working fully remote, we will provide additional solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.