Senior Billing Specialist, Customer Success
We acknowledge that Bench is founded on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Client Success department look like?
We empower small business owners to take control of their financial well-being and create new paths to a better life.
The Retro Sales team has been growing, and is now speaking to hundreds of customers every month. You will be a key part in supporting our customers’ post sales communications to ensure that their expectations are aligned with what we can provide, and that their payments are up-to-date as they go through their payment plans.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Own the payment plans from the sales team’s portfolio of customers. You will be responsible for collecting on the scheduled payments every month from this portfolio.
- For customers whose payment plans fail, there could be a variety of reasons such as credit card expiry or lack of funds. You will proactively reach out to each customer through an active cadence to work with the customer on collecting the outstanding amount and realigning expectations.
- In your communications with customers, you will also be proactively checking in on their experience and reducing customer churn by partnering with Sales, Onboarding, and Bookkeeping Portfolio Team to get their journey back on track. We will be looking to you to help the customer identify any friction and offer them a path forward.
- You will be collaborating closely with the Sales team daily on their customers’ journeys: when a customer is unable to pay, you can work with the Sales team member to get any additional context on the customer’s situation to help ensure that you have as much information as possible to have an effective conversation with the customer.
- You should know our growing list of services and partners that can be referred or offered to our customers should they require these.
- You will independently own the type of cadence and reachouts you will conduct with the portfolio of customers you have. E.g. you should have a delinquent payment cadence that includes phone calls, texts, app reachouts, emails, that you follow through on to try to reach the customer once their payment goes delinquent.
- Identify and build new processes, experiment with new workflows and approaches for your daily work, and/or give suggestions to relevant teams (for example, Sales) as you spot trends in customer behaviour.
- Able to manage your workflow using software tools like SalesForce, SalesLoft, Slack, RingCentral, Google Sheets, the Bench App, and more.
- Provide and actively seek feedback, to peers, leadership, management, other departments, clients, and partners.
What you'll need:
- Experience in some aspects of customer success management, whether that’s day-to-day customer servicing, escalations and retention, or upsell/cross-sell roles. You’ve seen how customer journeys work, and you’ve been part of an important part of a customer journey.
- Comfortable holding multiple calls each day, with many different personalities and types of conversations with a confident presence on the phone and strong communication skills.
- Talented multitasker: holding a conversation, taking notes over the phone, and accessing time sensitive information.
- Driven by a $ target in your workflow.
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. On target earnings are $53,680 to $67,100 with a component of these earnings made up of variable pay.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC’s Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home and in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! For some roles, we do require folks to be in the office regularly. We’ll be sure to outline expectations during the interview process.
- For folks working fully remote, we will provide additional solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months, within a 12 month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.