We acknowledge that Bench is founded on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Retro team look like:
Retro is a team dedicated to large scope bookkeeping to help small business clients catch up on years of back taxes, clear up any potential tax delinquencies, and move forward with their businesses. We specialize in servicing clients that Bench’s subscription service can’t quite support, but in time, after working with Retro, they can sign up for the monthly bookkeeping service.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Director to lead and coach our team of inbound salespeople. The Director, Retro Sales will monitor sales metrics and manage the entire sales process across the team. You will collaborate with various professionals, so it is essential that you have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable working in a team environment. You should be able to lead and motivate the sales team to achieve and exceed specific goals. Ultimately, the Director, Retro Sales will build a high-performance customer-obsessed team, skilled at converting leads to sales and upselling satisfied customers.
What you’ll get up to:
- Develop plans to manage and drive annual set target growing revenue by new Sales conversions annually
- Manage & motivate a Retro Sales team, including identifying, developing, and supporting team leads
- Set and track sales targets for your team, proactively applying strategies to close gaps when off track
- Develop & Improve On-Boarding Materials, Sales Training, Pipeline Reports, Rules of Engagement and Dashboards
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales process
- Coordinate department projects to meet deadlines
- Report on sales metrics and suggest improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products
- Research and discover methods to increase customer engagement
- Ensure sales, finance and legal policies and procedures are met
- Build an open-communication environment for your team
- Liaise with Marketing, Product & Content teams to ensure brand consistency and increase sales
- Work with demand generation by providing feedback on what's working and insights gathered from working closely in the target market.
What you’ll need:
- Proven work experience as a sales manager
- Hands-on experience with CRM software and office productivity tools
- In-depth understanding of the sales process
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Numerical abilities and problem-solving attitude
- 5 years of Sales experience with 2 years of sales management experience
It could be an even better fit if you:
- SMB Experience is preferred (faster sale cycle)
What you’ll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible.
- The OTE range for this role is $143,900 to $188,900, with a component of these earnings made up of variable pay.
- As this is a hybrid opportunity, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown office location 1 day per week and from home the rest of the time.
- You’ll also have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably when you are at home, from day one.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- You will have the support of your manager, and the opportunity to learn and develop with a team of unconventional & diverse Benchmates, who are all working together to achieve the same mission.
- We have a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- We provide solutions to bring all teams together for collaboration and connection.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months, within a 12 month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.