Senior Manager, Revenue Strategy and Operations
Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between managing their books and running their businesses.
Our mission is to help every business owner thrive, by providing financial insight and peace of mind in one seamless platform. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it’s like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
About the role
This role is a people leadership role within our Business Operations team focused on developing revenue strategies, supporting effective usage of our sales/marketing tech stack, and optimizing processes to drive revenue generation. As a manager, you’ll be key to increasing the impact of our GTM organization and helping Bench grow.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with functional leaders to craft the strategy for Bench’s revenue teams including leveraging and improving processes, tool usage, and impactful reporting. The leader in this role needs to be intensely curious and data-driven with an overwhelming desire to help revenue leaders turn insights into action. You’ll do this as the business partner to our sales, marketing, and partnership leaders, working closely with them to develop strategy and helping them push team performance to the next level.
You will report to our Director, Business Operations.
What you’ll get up to:
- Own the revenue strategy and operations roadmap, aligning with stakeholders to drive pipeline impact
- Evaluate the performance of our revenue tech stack (including tools such as Salesforce, Salesloft, Calendly) and optimize processes
- Build and maintain reporting for Bench’s revenue funnel (e.g. conversion, volume, activities, scores, etc) and create actionable insights
- Ensure processes are designed, documented and adhered to improve customer experience and pipeline generation activities
- Work directly with Marketing to improve lead scoring, build nurture programs and improve lead routing amongst sales team
- Develop and manage analysts to deliver on your strategies
- Continuously improve processes and partner with the business systems team to design and launch changes that improve sales team experience and productivity
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of experience in a revenue operations, business partnership, sales strategy or operations role
- Experience in designing and improving sales processes
- Proficient user of Salesforce, and experience with other sales tools such as Salesloft, Calendly or similar tools
- Strong analytical proficiency, backed with application (you must have previous experience using SQL, Tableau and Excel/Google Sheets)
- Strong communicator who can tackle cross-functional work, building relationships and influence
- A strong curiosity and growth focus, with a track record of working independently with incomplete information
- Proven ability to develop and manage analysts
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Experience working in SaaS, RevOps or a top management consulting firm
What you’ll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. The salary range for this role is $121,100 to $151,400 per year, depending on experience.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, paid flex days, stock options and full health, dental, and vision.
- You’ll get access to Inkblot Therapy’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP) that offers counseling and support, for you and family members, as well as professional development coaching, financial advice, legal advice and much more.
- Bench has a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- If you live in BC’s Lower Mainland, you have the opportunity to work at home or in our downtown office location, depending on your preference! If you’re interested in remote only, we currently focus our hiring efforts in the following provinces: British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.
- For folks working fully remote, we will provide additional solutions to bring teams together for collaboration and connection.
- Whether you get to use the office or if you work remotely, you’ll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work from somewhere other than your home province for up to 3 months, within a 12 month period.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
If you are selected for an interview and require support during the process, including disability accommodation, we'll give you the opportunity to tell us when we contact you.