City Operations Associate, Raleigh
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Bellhop is one of the fastest-growing companies in the $30B moving market and is on a crusade to transform the industry into a space that's more trustworthy, reliable, and fun. We do this by combining our first-to-industry tech-enabled logistics management platform with an outstanding crew of movers and drivers to deliver a more enjoyable experience. We have a heart for delivering outstanding customer service in a space that's known for letting you down - and we do that one high five move at a time.
… This is where you come in…
The City Ops Associate will work alongside our Market Operations team, our pros, trucks, and our support team to ensure day-to-day in-market operations are running like a well-oiled machine. As the City Ops Associate, you will report directly to the Market Manager.
If this sounds right to you, come join our rocket ship! We are overhauling the moving industry, one move at a time.
What you can look forward to owning:
- Certify the Team - Lead certification sessions to ensure all pros in the market are vetted and qualified to provide professional services on the Bellhop platform.
- Order Fulfillment - Work closely with our support agents to make sure moves are filled and set up for success.
- Fleet Management - You will help manage a fleet of moving trucks to ensure proper maintenance, utilization, and safety, including required record keeping, and will further assist market pros using any such equipment.
- Problem Solve - All kinds of problems happen on a daily basis and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen. This may require you to meet with customers at a moment's notice to help deliver a high five customer experience.
- Provide Feedback to the Market Manager- You will be the voice of the market. It will be your responsibility to relay information to the Market Manager about roadblocks or any other issues that may keep the market from hitting its success metrics.
- Lead Market Meetings & Engagement Sessions - You will lead meetings to ensure the pros in the market understand how to succeed on the platform.
- Deep City Knowledge - The key to operational success and high-quality moves factor is knowing your city like the back of your hand.
- Bias for Action - You have a bias for action. You attack problems head-on and don’t wait to be told what to do.
- Clear Communicator - You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight key insights.
- Numbers Driven - Past experience meeting metrics in a high-performance environment
- Reliable form of transportation- you will need to be able to visit job sites around your City
- Proficient with Computers - Our team uses internal tools, Google Documents, and Salesforce
While each member of our team has a specific, clearly defined role, we’re all connected by a strong set of values that’s been developed to build long-term relationships, foster advancement, and guide the decisions we make. We want each individual at our company to grow as we grow. And so we invest in their professional development and support them as they learn new skills and take on bigger challenges.
To bring out the best in our people, each day we encourage and celebrate:
Innovator’s Mind. Drive to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers.
Servant’s Heart. The devotion to care for others by putting them first and treating them as we’d like to be treated.
Winner's Drive. We relentlessly raise the bar in our efforts. We learn quickly from our mistakes.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOP?
Named a Best Moving Company of 2022 by U.S. News & World Report
Because every day you will be able to see the positive impact you have on people’s lives. Moving is considered one of the most stressful experiences people go through, and we have found a way to make it easier and more comfortable.
Because you will collaborate with exceptionally talented people. Our tech-enabled approach means you will work with teams of top-shelf engineers, product managers, operations strategists, customer-care specialists, and growth experts. You will also be joining us at a time when you’ll have a huge opportunity to chart the course for our continued growth.
Because our culture sets us apart. We have ambitious goals and make sure everyone feels encouraged to own their portion of the business, experiment with new ideas, and take the proper actions to achieve success.
Because we take good care of each other. We provide competitive compensation packages that include a significant equity incentive as well as health coverage and accommodations to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
Bellhop believes if we want to build a company that works for everyone—we must include everyone, which is why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Bellhop strictly prohibits and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services.