Philippines Remote/ Full-Time / US Hours
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
WHO ARE WE?
Meet the Data, Analytics & Machine Learning (DAML) Team, a squad of professionals dedicated to transforming how BARK leverages data, AI and analytics to create delightful experiences for dogs and their humans. Comprising data scientists, data engineers, and BI professionals, we're a close-knit family united by our passion for innovation, creativity, and, of course, our love for dogs.
Here's what sets us apart:
Innovation: We employ cutting-edge techniques to analyze and manipulate data, driving key business decisions and enhancing customer experiences.
Collaboration: Creativity meets collaboration in our team, where data-driven insights are paired with dog-driven enthusiasm.
Culture: We celebrate our unique quirks and talents, fostering a diverse, lively, and supportive environment where everyone has a voice.
This role offers an opportunity to join our dynamic squad, reporting to the Director, Business Intelligence, and working hand-in-paw with partners throughout BARK to coordinate and execute strategic initiatives with precision and impact. If you're someone who thrives in an engaging and innovative atmosphere, you might just be the perfect fit to join our pack!
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to join our Data and Analytics team! You will be partnering with Analysts, Data and Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists and Business Stakeholders to deliver well-defined, transformed, tested, and code-reviewed data assets to enable data-driven decision making across the company. Plus, you’ll get to hang out with dogs - if this sounds like you, reach out!
- Collaborate cross functionally with business users to gain an expert level understanding of business context.
- Create actionable business insights by analyzing data to answer business questions, drive business decisions, and develop recommendations to improve operations.
- Triage ad-hoc data issues as they arise while contributing to testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Simplify and automate reporting, metrics and Tableau dashboards; build solutions to support self-service users in addition to leadership.
- Collaborate with data engineers on infrastructure projects and advocate for (and emphasize) the business value of applications.
- Build upon our common data framework so that curated analytical tables are accessible to analysts and data scientists throughout the company.
- Maintain deliverables, projects and timelines for business stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE & Qualifications
- 5+ years' experience as a Data / Business Analyst.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and proven ability to write, debug, and optimize SQL queries (Redshift, PostgreSQL, BigQuery).
- Ability to effectively gather information from multiple data sources.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Periscope, Domo, Looker.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical or complex matters to less technical stakeholders.
- Prior experience with Airflow is a plus.
- Ability to leverage tools, business intuition, and attention to detail for data validation and QA.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative problem solver who focuses on improving business and product.
Experience with Github is a plus.
This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located at our office in New York but open to remote possibility as well. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, unlimited PTO, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
At BARK, we believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates a richer experience for our employees and customers. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Therefore, we actively encourage applications from individuals of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, ages, sexual orientations, disabilities, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our team unique. If you share our passion for dogs and are excited about working in an inclusive environment where your individuality is celebrated, we want to hear from you! Experience with dogs is a plus, but all backgrounds and experiences are valued here.
- The base salary range for this position is ₱875,000 - ₱1,100,000
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting and may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills and expertise.