Director, Client Partnerships
Quick take: Axios is a media company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Director, Client Partnerships to join our growing advertising team in San Francisco!
Why it matters: In this role you will work with new and existing partners to build Axios’ revenue through successful client partnerships.
Go Deeper: This is a high-energy role that requires superior communication skills, an ability to understand partner business priorities and develop creative solutions, and a proven ability to generate leads. In this role you’ll:
- Be a key player on the Client Partnerships team and a brand ambassador for Axios
- Manage large existing relationships for Axios’ Core Media team, and proactively network across the market and create new opportunities for our company
- Develop and maintain trusted, strategic relationships with agency and client partners to expand Axios' footprint
Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission. This position requires the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in sales, specifically in the digital media/news industry
- Established relationships with key agencies and brands
- In-depth knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology, and Axios’ competitive landscape
- Comfortable with a mix of outbound sales strategy as well as the nurturing of inbound leads and existing client relationships
- Exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills and the willingness to proactively partner with Axios Brand Studio and events team
What Axios brings to the table besides salary:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Robust PPO and High Deductible health insurance options on the Blue Cross Blue Shield network
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution for the high deductible health plan option
- Dental and vision coverage
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus holidays
- One mental health day per quarter
- Annual learning and development stipend
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services through Headspace
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Personal health advocacy resources through HealthAdvocate
- Inclusive fertility, hormonal health and family forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
- A strong and positive work environment
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Base salary for this role is in the range of $110,000 - $140,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other bonus compensation and benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.