Yield Management Specialist
Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage media company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are looking for a Specialist in Yield Planning and Ad Product to join our growing sales team for our core media advertising.
Why it matters: As our Yield Management Specialist, you will serve an integral role in both strategically building out the yield planning function while also managing the infrastructure for a growing suite of ad products. The focus of this position will be organized into daily, weekly and monthly reporting deliverables, and often require additional deep dives into certain KPIs where client partnerships and executives may have additional questions or need further insights. You will play a critical role in our GTM abilities in our core media team.
Go deeper: In this strategic role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Manage daily inventory and pricing requests from Client Partnerships and Client Success teams, providing product recommendations, inventory trends, or alternative options.
- Work closely with Rev Ops teams to improve product pricing by in depth analysis on historical and in year data.
- Strategize and partner with Brand Strategy and Client Partnerships teams to ensure every proposal meets both client and internal goals.
- Create sample media plans for sponsorship and alignment offerings.
- Optimize and improve ad product offerings and suggest complementary product pairings.
- Partner on optimization of digital ad product catalog with the Revenue Team by creating new, revisioning or determining trade-offs in current ad products.
- You will Project Manage communication to the department about ad products.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- 1+ years of product analytics experience in digital advertising
- 1+ years of experience in online advertising or marketing analytics organizations
- 1+ years of experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc)
- 1+ years of experience presenting complex data in a simple and easy-to-understand manner
- 1+ years of media planning experience
- Enthusiasm for data and ability to clearly synthesize large dataset into important insights
- Experience working with a CRM (Salesforce or Hubspot) and developing dashboards, gathering requirements from sales leaders to optimize insights from tool
- High emotional intelligence and deep commitment to progressive diversity and inclusion practices
- Advanced Excel experience
- Proficiency in Powerpoint
What Axios brings to the table besides salary:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Robust PPO and High Deductible health insurance options on the Blue Cross Blue Shield network
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution for the high deductible health plan option
- Dental and vision coverage
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus holidays
- One mental health day per quarter
- Annual learning and development stipend
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services through Headspace
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Personal health advocacy resources through HealthAdvocate
- Inclusive fertility, hormonal health and family forming benefits through Carrot Fertility
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
- A strong and positive work environment
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Base salary for this role is in the range of $55,000-$60,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.