Distributor Operations Manager
San Francisco Headquartered | International Distribution Team (inside of Business Development Team) | Reports to Director, International Distributors
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
What does the job entail?
- You will be the first dedicated hire to lead the operations function in the new International Distributor Channel for Allbirds.
- You will work closely with the Director, International Distributors and Distributor GTM manager to ensure consistent and premium brand presentation, merchandising selection and marketing execution in each partner market.
- You will be responsible for managing the relationships with operations, merchandising and logistics personnel within each distributor partner’s organization.
- You will provide exceptional customer service and support to each of our partners and assist in hiring and leading a team to support the channel.
- Managing the international order book each season, as well as in season orders, in partnership with our HQ and Asia Ops teams.
What You'll Do:
- Build customer facing sales order process, including sales order entry & maintenance, supply chain and shipping/logistics compliance monitoring.
- Communicates with Factory liaisons on behalf of Distributors regarding timing of shipments, supply chain and open production orders.
- Liaise with credit department, factory and distributor partner on proforma invoicing, customs requirements and labelling requirements.
- Accountable for resolving ‘pending production’ issues and escalating where necessary.
- Collation and consolidation of samples requirements for each of the Distributors.
- Liaise with distributors on seasonal forecasting, consolidate all forecasts to submit to HQ and Asia Ops teams.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years working in International Distribution, operations or wholesale customer service for a growing footwear, apparel or other relevant category/brand.
- You have the ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of comfort in working with numbers.
- Comfortable and excited to operate in a scrappy environment, working to remove the ambiguity and establish scalable processes and ways of working.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong cross-functional communication channels and relationships internally.
- Knowledge of languages, ERP systems/SAP a plus.
- Passion for sustainability and a genuine interest in Allbirds' mission.
What do we offer?
The pay range for this role is: $118,000 - $130,000 and is required to be based out of our San Francisco, CA corporate office.
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other considerations. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location, skillset, experience and peer compensation.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus and equity for eligible roles, healthcare, retirement savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees: HMO, HSA, &PPO (with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with eligible dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for eligible roles, 401(k) with employer matching contribution, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles and pre-tax savings programs for eligible healthcare, childcare and commuter expenses.
- Unlimited PTO, plus parental leave, volunteering, medical & family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Modern Health (free coaching and therapy sessions), Employee Assistance Program and more.
- Other Perks include the company discount (50%) on Allbirds products, reimbursement on eligible wellness expenses and charitable contributions, cellphone and more.
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.