San Francisco, CA | Finance | Reports to Senior Accounting Manager
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
You’ll work closely with our Accounting Team and key cross functional business partners. You will be responsible for creating journal entries, account reconciliations, system implementations, policy roll-outs, audit, ad-hoc projects and reporting activities. You’ll help us build a strong infrastructure to support growth and scale. You thrive in a start-up environment. Your friends and co-workers describe you as someone who gets it done, and is good natured, analytical, detail-oriented, and insatiably curious.
What does the job entail?
- Help streamline month-close process via automation and identifying efficiencies
- Prepare month-end accruals and reconciliations for various accounts
- Prepare spend analyses across various accounts
- Prepare monthly BS & PL analyses
- Prepare and review various reconciliations
- Resolve day-to-day and complex accounting issues
- Assist in system implementations and new policy roll-outs
- Assist in annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Assist in SOX implementation
- Assist in various ad-hoc projects as needed
What kind of person are we looking for?
- BA/BS or equivalent
- CPA is a plus
- Big-4 experience is a plus
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Gsuite
- Experience with system implementations a plus
- Highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability
- Shares company values and vision and is excited by the challenge of working in a dynamic start-up environment
What can we offer?
The pay range for this role is: $90,000 - $100,000 and must be performed in our San Francisco corporate office.
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other considerations. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location, skillset, experience, and peer compensation.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus and equity for eligible roles, healthcare, retirement savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees: HMO, HSA, &PPO (with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with eligible dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for eligible roles, 401(k) with employer matching contribution, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles and pre-tax savings programs for eligible healthcare, childcare and commuter expenses.
- Unlimited PTO, plus parental leave, volunteering, medical & family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Modern Health (free coaching and therapy sessions), Employee Assistance Program and more.
Other Perks include the company discount (50%) on Allbirds products, reimbursement on eligible wellness expenses and charitable contributions, cellphone and more.
Please apply with your resume. We're excited to hear from you!
Allbirds has a culture of honesty, respect and trust, and we are committed to providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to their membership in any protected classification such as sex, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions) genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected under applicable local, state, or federal law. Allbirds is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, training, advancement and termination.
Allbirds believes in doing the right thing, and is committed to enhancing our diversity, and demonstrating that commitment to our employees, customers and community. The Company promotes diversity by developing policies, programs and procedures that foster a work environment in which differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.