SOX Program Manager
SOX Program Manager
San Francisco, CA | Finance Team | Reports to Senior Director, External Reporting & Internal Controls
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
We’re looking for someone who will help us build a best-in-class SOX compliance function. You’ll work closely with various teams including Accounting, Finance, Technology, People, and Legal to lead the charge on our internal control function and be responsible for maintaining and maturing our SOX compliance program. You will help us build a strong internal control infrastructure to support growth and scale. You thrive in a start-up environment. Your friends and co-workers describe you as someone who is willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done, who goes the extra mile, and is detail oriented.
What does the job entail?
- Manage the scoping, risk assessment and development of the annual SOX plan and fraud risk assessment
- Ownership of process narratives, Risk Control Matrix, and flowcharts, including periodic updates and creation of new controls across business process, entity level, and general IT controls
- Manage compliance module within Floqast
- Build working relationships with process owners and key stakeholders cross-functionally and lead periodic process walk-throughs with functional business partners and external audit firms
- Proactively partner with external audit firms to ensure coordination of document requests and responses to questions posed to control and process owners in order to minimize disruption to the business.
- Lead benchmarking or other initiatives to identify innovative strategies to improve controls, make processes more efficient, effective, and/or reduce cycle time for SOX compliance
- Lead special projects as needed including drafting and updating accounting policies & procedures.
- Execute certain monthly and quarterly controls and account reconciliations
- Assist with general ledger maintenance
- Outline and document new processes for accounting operations, ensuring compliance with internal control requirements
- Work cross-functionally on technology implementation projects relating to accounting operations and IT controls
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA required
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years in public accounting
- Experience with public company SOX requirements and integrated control assessments
- Experience evaluating business process and general information technology controls
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB and COSO/Internal Audit standards
- Ability to build solid, collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and drive projects forward
- Ability to generate clear, concise depictions of process, controls and data flows
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with all levels of the organization regarding issues and findings
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to make sound, business-oriented judgments
The pay range for this role is: $118,000 - $142,000 if performed in either our San Francisco, CA corporate office.
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other considerations. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location, skillset, experience, and peer compensation.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus and equity for eligible roles, healthcare, retirement savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees: HMO, HSA, &PPO (with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with eligible dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for eligible roles, 401(k) with employer matching contribution, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles and pre-tax savings programs for eligible healthcare, childcare and commuter expenses.
- Unlimited PTO, plus parental leave, volunteering, medical & family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Modern Health (free coaching and therapy sessions), Employee Assistance Program and more.
Other Perks include the company discount (50%) on Allbirds products, reimbursement on eligible wellness expenses and charitable contributions, cellphone and more.
Please apply with your resume. We're excited to hear from you!
Allbirds has a culture of honesty, respect and trust, and we are committed to providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to their membership in any protected classification such as sex, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions) genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected under applicable local, state, or federal law. Allbirds is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, training, advancement and termination.
Albirds believes in doing the right thing, and is committed to enhancing our diversity, and demonstrating that commitment to our employees, customers and community. The Company promotes diversity by developing policies, programs and procedures that foster a work environment in which differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.