Developer North Vietnam - 1 year cover
Vietnam, Ninh Bình | Asia Ops Team | Reports to Development Manager
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
* Where we need help?
- Assisting the Asia Based PD team in systems and tracking of samples.
- Creating a history of product confirmation to hit buy ready 100% of the time
- Create communication channels for key stakeholders to understand sample priorities and when to expect samples for all key calendar milestones.
* What does the job entail?
- Execute and manage in-line new footwear development and continuous improvement projects to meet the goals of Allbirds product strategy.
- Work closely with Design to create tech packs for prototyping + communicate with factory representatives, while keeping meticulous details in the PLM system and managing timelines.
- Provide direction and thought partnership to all cross functional team and factory partners.
- Achieve product performance and sustainability goals including use of preferred materials, natural materials, and carbon targets for each project.
- Demonstrate a strong technical understanding of footwear materials, construction techniques & applications relative to development execution.
- Successful development of seasonal products achieving comfort, performance and sustainability targets for the Allbirds brand.
- Bring to life new materials and innovations driving the future of sustainable products in the world.
- May include travel to Korea, China and USA
*What are we looking for?
More practical skills needed: (add/delete as needed, examples below)
- Bachelor's degree. 3-5 years experience
- Be a key player in executing the product development process
- Manage project calendars with Allbirds Design, Commercialization and Supply Chain teams as well as factory partners
- Ability to critically think and creatively solve complex problems with an eye for footwear construction details
- Self starter capable of executing complex tasks without the need for in depth oversight
- Provide creative direction, technical direction and problem solving throughout the product creation process
- Process and systems improvements as we continue to grow and scale our operations.
- Well versed in supply chain operations, sourcing & procurement
- Able to review detailed product costs and knowledge of surgical cost reduction without sacrificing product quality
- Willing and able to travel within the US and overseas 4-6 times per year as needed
- Experience working and communicating with overseas vendors
- Experience working with sustainability and/or natural materials a plus
- Experience with flat knitting, engineered knits and knitting infrastructure specific to footwear
- Working knowledge and understanding of each stage of footwear manufacturing processes
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, adapt to changing demands, and make quick yet well thought out decisions will be essential in this role
- Can do attitude and great sense of humor
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Phone/communication benefit
- Free shoes
- Generous holiday
- Team events