Manager, Retail Facilities and Projects
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
The Facilities Manager will help ensure that all of our physical stores remain high functioning for both employees and customers. From mechanical and electrical troubles, to utilities and equipment repair and everything in between. This position will help us find the best preservation solutions in the shortest amount of time using data to drive thoughtful decision making and breakthrough preservation strategies. Play on the offense when managing facilities to ensure timeless locations with limited repairs.
What does the job entail?
- Manage standard upkeep, cleaning, preventative maintenance for our Retail Brick and Mortar locations with seamless and consistent execution.
- Manage repair and maintenance process, dispatch tickets, approve proposals, regular follow up to ensure jobs are completed
- Develop facility strategies, programs and processes that will scale and keep our stores high quality
- Develop and maintain key relationships through an array of vendors spanning many markets--maintenance, security, technical, cleaners, and more.
- Partner with Retail Construction and Retail Operations team to coordinate timelines for store projects
- Establish and maintain high standards, policies, and processes throughout the global field organization
- Ensure facilities excellence in our stores while minimally disrupting teams and business
- Develop reporting to inform and drive action on trends and historical information.
- Review and approve proposals and invoices on a timely and consistent basis
- Review and develop store compliance programs (OSHA, ADA, Local Requirements)
- Obtain all federal, state, and local permits and approvals
- Identify and implement sustainability and energy management initiatives throughout our retail locations.
- Conduct annual assessment of facilities to identify needed improvements and repairs.
- Availability for after hour emergency management of store issues.
- Manage facilities budget and regulate spend in store.
- Develop, enhance and maintain Security and Emergency standards and practices.
- Own, develop, and manage forecasts for business critical supplies to support our global fleet seamlessly.
- Work with vendors to source and distribute branded retail supplies.
- Own key supplier relationship and performance both strategic and tactical.
More practical skills needed
- BA/BS or equivalent degree, or experience in lieu of degree
- 2-4 years of experience, with exposure to retail organization a plus
- Ability to develop a strong communication strategy for seamless and consistent execution of initiatives in-store in various time zones and countries.
- Expert in Microsoft Office/GSuite
- Ability to effectively communicate results and data to the internal team
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and agility to respond to quickly changing conditions and priorities.
- Independent and can deliver high quality work output with little oversight.
- Relationship driven individual--vendors and field leaders.
- Experience with support construction and refresh initiatives
- Proficient in the management and development of ServiceChannel.
- Knowledge of retail leases, maintenance contracts and materials, methods and techniques involved with the maintenance of retail stores
- Stellar attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Some travel required (<30%)
- Passion for our mission of sustainability - Doing better things in a better way.
Work takes place in an office setting. This job may require working more than 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours a week. It requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods
of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and by computer. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift, push, and carry up to 10 lbs frequently and up to 15 lbs occasionally.
The pay range for this role is: $118,000 - $142,000 if performed in either our San Francisco, CA or Portland, OR corporate office. This role can also be performed remotely. The pay range for this position is $106,000 - $128,000, if performed outside of our two corporate offices.
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other considerations. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location, skillset, experience, and peer compensation.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus and equity for eligible roles, healthcare, retirement savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees: HMO, HSA, &PPO (with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with eligible dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for eligible roles, 401(k) with employer matching contribution, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles and pre-tax savings programs for eligible healthcare, childcare and commuter expenses.
- Unlimited PTO, plus parental leave, volunteering, medical & family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Modern Health (free coaching and therapy sessions), Employee Assistance Program and more.
Other Perks include the company discount (50%) on Allbirds products, reimbursement on eligible wellness expenses and charitable contributions, cellphone and more.
Please apply with your resume. We're excited to hear from you!
Allbirds has a culture of honesty, respect and trust, and we are committed to providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to their membership in any protected classification such as sex, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions) genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected under applicable local, state, or federal law. Allbirds is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, training, advancement and termination.
Albirds believes in doing the right thing, and is committed to enhancing our diversity, and demonstrating that commitment to our employees, customers and community. The Company promotes diversity by developing policies, programs and procedures that foster a work environment in which differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.