Equity Stock Administrator
Where we need help
Reporting to our VP, Global Controller, you will serve as a key team member in the administration, evaluation, and communication associated with our equity programs, including but not limited to equity grants, option exercises, withholding tax calculations, compliance matters, internal and external reporting as well as special projects for our equity plans. You will also provide day-to-day operational support to employees regarding their equity holdings, serve as the liaison to our outside administrator and collaborate extensively with members of the People, Finance, Total Rewards, and Legal teams.
What does the job entail?
- Manage day-to-day equity administration, tasks and projects
- Work closely with the third-party administrator, transfer agent and brokers
- Ensure the proper taxation is applied to all equity exercises and releases
- Manage the preparation of all relevant equity transactions, such as exercises, releases/lapses and other stock activity
- Support activities associated with reporting and communicating to the Board of Directors and Compensation Committee in relation to equity and executive compensation
- Maintain participant records within equity platform, updating information and running required and requested reports at both the summary and the detailed level
- Partner with the Payroll, People, and Legal teams to ensure proper equity related reporting
- Assist with analysis and document preparation for SEC reporting, including periodic reporting (10-K, 10-Q), proxy statement and Section 16 filings
- Manage the reporting, reviewing and tracking of 10b5-1 trading plans
- Maintain share pool balances
- Manage company-wide equity communications and educational materials
- Day-to-day administration of the Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), including contributing to the launch and implementation of program design and enhancements
- Serve as primary point of contact for plan participants in the resolution of questions associated with the equity program and/or their accounts and serves as the liaison to our third-party administrator on systems related matters and communications for support of plan participants
- Help ensure compliance with internal control (e.g. SOX 404) requirements for the equity process and work directly with internal and external auditors
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets related to equity
- Assist with payroll compliance and managing ESPP changes in the Company’s payroll system
- Work with the payroll team to ensure that all equity transactions are processed via payroll in a timely manner
- Assist with mobility and international reporting compliance from an equity perspective
- Manage tax compliance and filings for all applicable equity transactions on a quarterly and/or annual basis
- Serve as primary contact for third-party administrator and act as equity administration resource to internal teams
- Manage preparation of ad hoc analyses and other projects, as needed
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Relentlessly organized
- Passionate about the power of well-crafted processes
- Enjoys working autonomously and proactively on multiple projects
- Confidently re-prioritizes based on evolving needs or in response to new information
- Outstanding analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Exceptional integrity, accountability, and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Excellent business judgment, strategic thinking and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy, team player with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 3+ years of stock administration or relevant experience at a public company
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G-suite, Word, Excel, and Adobe Professional skills
- CEP designation is a plus
- Strong experience with leading Stock Admin platforms (Equiview preferred)
- Experience with managing and troubleshooting system interfaces
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookUp’s, etc.)
- Must be able to interact effectively at all levels and divisions of the Company
- Passion for our mission of sustainability - Doing better things in a better way
What do we offer?
The pay range for this role is: $74,000 - $92,000 if performed in either our San Francisco, CA or Portland, OR corporate office. This role can also be performed remotely. The pay range for this position is $67,000 - $83,000, if performed outside of our two corporate offices.
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other considerations. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location, skillset, experience and peer compensation.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus and equity for eligible roles, healthcare, retirement savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees: HMO, HSA, &PPO (with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with eligible dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for eligible roles, 401(k) with employer matching contribution, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles and pre-tax savings programs for eligible healthcare, childcare and commuter expenses.
- Unlimited PTO, plus parental leave, volunteering, medical & family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Modern Health (free coaching and therapy sessions), Employee Assistance Program and more.
- Other Perks include the company discount (50%) on Allbirds products, reimbursement on eligible wellness expenses and charitable contributions, cellphone and more.