Manager, People Business Partner
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to a great culture, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
What does the job entail?
As a People Business Partner, you will work with teams to unlock our full potential as a company. You will be a unifier, an employee champion, and a trusted partner. You will not only serve as a consultant on people related issues, but will also identify needs and support the development of solutions for a variety of complex business challenges.
What You'll Do:
- Build relationships with employees to optimize team performance and engagement
- Provide guidance in the following areas: career planning, performance management, change management, employee relations, recognition programs, as well as providing support on any strategic initiatives that have a people/org component.
- Analyze trends and metrics to identify and support the development of solutions, programs and policies that support business and employee growth
- Lead and optimize our onboarding and offboarding processes to ensure the best experience for employees
- Support employees as they navigate the immigration process with our external immigration partners
- Listen to, follow up with, and build trust across the Flock so that you are doing things with and for our employees to help them successfully deliver on the business need
- Identify, escalate, and navigate employee relations issues with an empathetic, objective, solution-oriented approach
- Analyze problems and deliver solutions where precedent may not exist
- Support organizational design and change initiatives
- Work with People team partners in Talent Acquisition and DEIB to design and execute people programs and processes
- Flex seamlessly between designing and doing, between the People function and being part of the business
- Partner with teams to evaluate and develop optimal ways of working as we continue to navigate a hybrid work environment
What are we looking for?
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years experience in an HRBP or HR role
- A plus if you have experience with high-growth and or retail companies
- A combination of experience in the following areas: immigration, compliance, performance management, recognition programs, engagement, coaching and development, talent management, conflict resolution, data analysis, and complex employee relations management
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and influence with or without positional authority
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and share insights to stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated curiosity and motivation to roll up your sleeves, learn how business operates and build frameworks to help us scale for future growth
- Passion for our mission of sustainability- Doing better things in a better way.
What Success Looks Like in the First 3 Months:
- You have started to develop trust and partnerships with the teams you support as well as your critical cross functional partners
- You are learning the different systems and work streams that support the People team
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- One Medical Membership
- Mental Health and Financial Wellness Benefits
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Hybrid work schedule
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- 50% Discount on Allbirds Products
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Something looks off?