Director, 3P Distribution Management
San Francisco, CA or Portland, OR | Supply Chain & Logistics Team | Reports to COO
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
Where we need help
As a direct-to-consumer retailer, the transportation and fulfillment of our product into the hands of customers in a timely and efficient manner is essential to the success of our business. We are looking for an experienced professional to handle all aspects of supply chain logistics, from upstream (raw materials and finished good inventory) through warehousing, and shipment to Allbirds retail locations and to consumers.
What does the job entail?
- Build a world class supply chain team by hiring, managing, and developing professionals
- Manage and scale warehouse, inbound, and outbound operations
- Drive improvements in Gross Margin through negotiations, productivity management, and optimizing the supply chain network
- Commit to exceeding our customers’ expectations in every way by innovating our supply chain strategy, including:
- Warehouse network strategy
- Managing freight forwarder and in-country shipping partners
- Driving improvements in packaging design and process
- Supporting new initiatives such as Ship from Store, BOPIS, RFID
- Collaborate with planning, legal, retail operations, technology, and finance, among others to ensure that our physical goods are flowing through our supply chain effectively
- Monitor and improve our operational performance through deep data and financial analysis, and developing dashboards for KPIs such as click to home, throughput costs, ocean shipments
- Lead sustainability efforts across the supply chain distribution network such as reducing plastic consumption, maximizing ocean shipments, and optimize packaging needs
- Champion enterprise planning and automation software implementations
What kind of person are we looking for?
- BA/BS in engineering, supply chain management or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant supply chain experience with physical goods, preferably omnichannel consumer products
- Expert in Microsoft Office and Google Drive with advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated strong communication, excellent analytical, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies
- Collaborative supply chain leader with enviable drive, the ability to develop meaningful relationships with global partners, and a keen attention to detail
- Strong leader with the drive to invest in their people and culture
- Strong financial acumen to manage overall costs
- Hands-on experience and a proven track record of improving and scaling ecommerce and retail operations
- Deep experience with international shipping and logistics, and thirst for knowledge
- The drive to perfect logistics from the first yarn spun, through final shipment and returns
- Self-directive and resourceful – someone who will thrive in a highly dynamic, and unstructured environment relative to a large corporation
- Passionate professional who can help us drive our mission to create better products in a better way
- Deep cross functional team communication and collaboration experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- One Medical Membership
- Mental Health and Financial Wellness Benefits
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Hybrid work schedule
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- 50% Discount on Allbirds Products
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.